Site Developments - Latest News

Site Developments - Latest News

Postby pharquartt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 am

Please check here for the latest reports on the progress of our new site.

Devious minds are working feverishly to bring you something unique and useful for both the independent artist and the independent listener.

Stay tuned. News as it happens! :rock:
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Re: Site Developments - Latest News

Postby pharquartt » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 am

I apologize for not updating this thread sooner but we have a few things to report at this time.

Now that the holiday season is over and we can concentrate more on this project again, the development of the site should progress faster. I will have more information and more frequent updates as we go.

Recently, we have had some personnel changes and additions to the team. We are closer to finalizing the overall design of the site and the features we intend to include.

For the near future, we will be concentrating on fixing a few bugs we are dealing with that, once fixed, will make the new site much easier for members to set up their accounts and upload any of their music. Once that is accomplished, we will be asking for volunteers to help us test the new site and eliminate any new bugs that may crop up.

In the interim, the Audio Refugees forum will remain so that we can keep in contact with each other and still have a place for reviewing music. And, of course, the Insane Asylum will remain for all of those important discussions we have that are NOT part of this site's progress.

We appreciate your patience while we create the new site and are dedicated to bringing you something new and unique in the world of music websites.
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 am

Updates:

We appreciate your patience as we build the new site.

We are currently building the basic framework for the site and one of the main features will be a link to THIS forum, at least until, or if, we find a better setup.

The current feeling is that this forum serves our purposes for general conversation and will integrate nicely into the new site.

We will be opening that site up for testing (and new membership) in the near future. We hope you'll join us in our new home. :rock:
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 am

Update -

Here we are again, a month since I last posted anything. As semi-official SpokesMouth™ of this effort, I bring you the latest developments.

Now, some of you may be wondering "Who is this idiot and are these guys really serious about doing anything?"

Rest assured, I am the same lovable idiot I was a month ago and yes, these guys are serious and still working on the site.

Simple facts get in the way of progress sometimes. Some of our group have suffered illness, others are in the process of relocating, and still others (like me) are too technically inept to fix some of the current technical issues at hand. This will all change as time progresses but I would be lying to you if I said this will be fixed tomorrow.

I can assure you, though, that there are still people who are determined to get this party started.

In the meantime, please enjoy the lively banter in our forums. Members can access The Bin, a place where the true meaning of Life can be ascertained. Or not.

More news as it happens~
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks to one of our techies, you should be seeing faster and smoother operation around these forums. The staff will, of course, still move at their normal speed......

(which techie?....the one with the Howitzer...)
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:14 pm

It's been awhile since we have updated the news on this site so let me give you a little more info.

Since I last posted, we have had a couple of folks (to be named later, with their permission) who are making some amazing progress on the new site. Those of you who have had the patience to stick with us will be happy with the end results.

I won't give away the secrets here, but the new site has more than a few technical improvements over previous sites we have all been on and will have a much more fair evaluation process for songs submitted.

Don't worry, though. We will still have the Bin for our intellectual discussions and the Review Forum will still remain for those works unfinished and/or not submitted for formal reviews.

We still have a lot of work to do but we are much, much closer to completion.

Thanks for your continued support. Your patience will be worth it, of that I am certain.
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby ROXI » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 pm

This is really great news, I'll pass it on to my grandson.
In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 pm

ROXI wrote:This is really great news, I'll pass it on to my grandson.

thanx rox, but I'm not sure we need any more 50 year old members right now. pass it on to his son ok?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby pharquartt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 am

Site News Update

Okay, it's been a busy summer. I am happy to report that most of the technical details behind the new site have been worked out and testing is soon to commence.

We are now finalizing the text, artwork, and most importantly, the POLICY that the new site will operate under.

There will be music, of course, and good old competition. There will also be good information, serious reviews, and one of the most uninhibited forums for discussion you will find anywhere on the web.

And much, much, more. There really is light at the end of this tunnel.

Stay tuned for developments. Coming soon to a computer near you!

N.D.
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

Well, it's true that our progress is less than fast. That's probably why I'm the spokesman..... :tard:

BUT!!

We're close. Better clever than never, I always say.

It's alive!!........ :rock:

Stay tuned!
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 am

Good news to report, folks.

Thanks to our in-house web-wizard(s), this show is about to get on the road.

Testing to begin soon. Then launch of the official site.

We will need all of you to help us get this boat sailing smoothly. We appreciate all of your patience and support so far and hope that you will be glad you stuck with us. :rock:

pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:49 am

For those of you just visiting or that get their "official" news from this thread, I am happy to announce that the new site, Audiopolis, is almost ready and will be active soon.

For regular members of this forum, the transition should be relatively painless. For newcomers, well, they'll already be at the new site.

While the forums will still be a vital part of the new site, we hope you will find the rest of it entertaining as well.

This new site will depend on all of us to grow and prosper. Please continue to be an active part of the community. :beer:

..5, 4, 3, .....
pharquartt
Site Admin

Site Developments - Rebirth!

Postby pharquartt » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 am

Okay, folks, it’s that time.

Audiopolis is almost ready to be unveiled but we need a little testing to be done by the whole group in order to catch as many “bugs” as we can before we go public.

We thank everyone for sticking with us over the last couple of years while we worked on the new site. Loyalty like that can’t be bought, but it is indeed priceless.

Now comes the fun part. Are you ready to try out the new site? Here’s your chance and we hope you will all join the party, already in progress.

Here are some simple steps and some suggestions.

First, in order to sign up on Audiopolis, you will have to go to Audiopolis.org. Simply type the address into your browser and you’re on your way.

If you are a member of the Audio Refugees forum, the sign-up is simple. Just type in your regular user name and password. You will already be a member of the new site and will be taken to the home page.

If you are not a member, you will be prompted to create a username and password.

Once there, you will notice some links just underneath the site logo. They are:

Home
Words
Music
Charts
Forum
Your Music
Your Profile
Upload Music
Logout

If you click on “Your Profile,” you will be taken to your own personal page on the site. This page can be edited to include pictures, a personal bio, change your password, and other changes. The options are limited at this time but will increase as the site gets updated. This page will show basic information about you to anyone who clicks on your user name, the bands you are a member of, and any reviews or materials you have uploaded to the site.

If you click on “Your Music,” you will be taken to your “Band” page, where you can create a band under which you upload your music. There are links that will guide you through that process.

If you click on “Upload Music,” you will be taken to the area that allows you to upload your songs and, if you wish, enter them into any of the contests that are currently running. You will NOT be able to upload music until you have created a band under your personal page, so be sure and go to “Your Music” first.

The rest of the links are self-explanatory. Please look around, try out all of the areas in the site and let us know if you have any problems or questions. Now is the time to find any and all problems with the site or procedures so that we can present a website to the public that is as easy and flawless as possible. Your help in testing will be essential to that goal (and greatly appreciated!)

Of course, the Forums are still available and that link will take you to our friendly Audio Refugees forum pages, the ones you are already familiar with. Please direct any questions and/or bugs to the Questions/Suggestions forum as we will be working on those problems first. Once we have corrected any errors or oversights, we will be opening the site up to the rest of the unsuspecting world.

Again, thank you for your patience and loyalty. Let’s get this show on the road!
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby pharquartt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 am

Here we are, some 6 months later......a status report is overdue. My apologies for the delay.

True, we thought we would be farther along than we are, but we are much closer to our goal - a smoothly running website dedicated to independent musicians. While we would love to open up tomorrow, we want to make sure everything is easy to use and bug-free. This does not magically happen. It takes a bit of work and rework. That said, we are in the final stages of finalizing the site structure and functions.

We are fine-tuning the appearance and presentation of the site while taking advantage of new techniques that are becoming available. Our review system is almost complete and will be activated soon. Once the review process is finalized, we will reset any of the counters on the beta site and start fresh. This will ensure that every member who participates in the competitions will get an even start with any music that has been previously uploaded. Reviewers will also be rated and those who provide the most helpful reviews will win valuable prizes and TV appearances. Well, maybe not the prizes and TV spots, but definitely respect and gratitude from their peers. (maybe later, we'll throw in something tangible.)

The forums are, of course, open. (duh, you're here, right?) So, please join in to the conversation while you wait for the official site to open. You can still hear new music in the Review forum if that is what you are looking for. And the Bin is always open for stimulating conversation....

We welcome all new visitors and encourage them to become members at Audiopolis.Org. With your support, this will become the place to be for musicians and free thinkers. Be ahead of the curve instead of behind it.

For our longstanding (and patient) members, we again thank you for your loyalty and support. We promise to make it worth the wait.

ND

[The following is a personal opinion of the Nazi Duck. Audiopolis.Org is not responsible for his ramblings.]

I would like to add a personal note to those who might be thinking "these guys will never get this site up..."

It should be considered that all of the folks who are working on this project are doing it for free and in their "spare" time. They do it for one reason. They believe in what we are trying to do and care enough to volunteer their time and considerable talents.

While it would be nice to be able to crack the whip and demand that progress is faster, I think, if anything, that we should thank these folks for doing the job they have done so far and encourage them to keep going.

We will all benefit from this site when it is completed. We already have, if you think about it.
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 pm

rick (pharquartt) has an announcement regarding site status coming up very soon ... I am now officially offline for a few weeks. take up any issues with him or suedepudding regarding audiopolis and audiorefugees till I return. then - continue to take up issues with rick. I won't feel like mucking with them then either.

(jay and peeve are also available ... but the site is more or less on autopilot till my return)
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Next

Return to Announcements