How about a cash prizes?

Nicey-nice talk is here.

How about a cash prizes?

Postby steban » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 am

It occurs to me that we could have a contest that would end in a few months, like July 4th, for a top reviewer and a top song.

We could run it right here in the Forum. We could have $100 prize for each. That is not getting anybody rich, but the odds of winning here at a site with 3 active members are very good.

I would pay out for the prize money.

We'd have some simple rules-

For Top Song:
1- Submit a song in the Blind Reviews between 3/1/2017 and 6/1/2017.
2- Review 20 songs (10 pairs).
3- Members vote via private messages for favorite top 3 songs 6/8/2017 with weighted votes (3 for 1, 2 for 2, 1 for 3). Top 10 songs are selected.
4- Members vote for top 3 songs of top 10 songs on 6/22/2017. Top 3 are selected.
5- Members vote on top song on 7/4/2017 from top 3. Winner gets $100.

For Top Reviewer:
1- Review songs.
2- Each review is factored by the final reviewer rating on 7/1/2017. An 80% rating for 100 reviews = 80 points, a 50% rating for 100 reviews = 50 points.
3- Reviewer with most points wins $100 on 7/4/2017.

This would require artists to review to be in the song contest, and would encourage fans (non-artist reviewers) to review.

An artists can also submit a $10 entry fee into a winners pot which will be split among the top three in a 55%, 25%, 15% split, sort of like a side bet on your song. 10% will go toward the $200 in prize money I'm paying. If a lot of songs end up being submitted with $10 side bets, that could be a significant amount. If you feel your song is that good, you might want to do it.

This would be an inaugural contest, and future contests could be along the same lines, perhaps with larger prizes.

So I'm thinking, why not?

We call it the Audiopolis Semi-Annual Songwriting Contest. We could possibly get Google searches with other songwriting contests. I've looked at those, and they're normally $20-$45 a song to enter, and the odds of winning are not very good, so we might have some appeal.

What do you think?
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Re: How about a cash prizes?

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 pm

It's very late at night over here in the UK... I'll give it some thought Steban and get back to you soon. The 1:3 odds are appealing!
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Return to General Discussion