[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Postby Krispy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:07 am

Go for it Ned. Maybe Zee can do the Thrash Metal remix as well. :D
Last edited by Krispy on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Krispy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 am

Krispy

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:57 pm

...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 am

.................. back to the original.

I "think" this is the final mix ... changed the eq quite a bit. then, of course, had to make some other mix and processing changes ...

if there's anyone still listening, what do you think? specifically and generally (about the sound and production)?
Attachments
COME HOME_audcollab3mix10_master3.mp3
(9.96 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:50 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Ailwyn Rees

Postby steban » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 pm

I may have missed some iterations, but personally my old ears prefer the brighter master3 overall.

This one is for me too compressed or something. The horns at the beginning are not as big. K's voice sounds a little more muffled to me. Dynamics just not as dynamic to me. There may be spots that are better, but overall I like it less.

I am not saying there isn't another better possible mix, but I'll stick with 3 for now.
steban

Postby HUD » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Happy to say that this latest mix passes the all-important played-on-the-IPhone test, comparable to a '62 vintage transister radio... other than I kind of wonder if, at the intro, the horn part & "footloose" guit are too much in competition, where I'd prefer the horn part to diminate. One way to help it do that would be to copy the horn wave, drop 12 tones (octave) maintaining duration & overlay.
Definitely deadly earwormmy, still floating through my brain, long after listening. Very anthemic, timeless.
Generally think you solved the clutter problem (also have listened on the headphones), but of course, with me being the acoustic player, I'm actually wondering if that part is mostly superfluous - like if a part is not enhancing, it should scram - even though it serves on that final verse. Been wondering if we'd have done better with my 12-string rather than the Taylor. The latter has a better full bodied tone that I prefer when it's more the featured rhythm guit, but, I'd done the 12-string on our Tom Petty & the AR song, where you were able to draw out some nice transparent sparkle, that perhaps the Taylor doesn't provide for you to draw out... So it's just kind of part of the mid-range cluster-foxtrot, you know?
About the extended ending thing, naming all those names... looks like we've run out of inertia anyway, but, leaving as-is, makes this more of an universal, find-your-own-meaning kind of tune. Not to say that someone couldn't devise a coda (like on "Strawberry Fields" or "Hello Goodbye") for the album version that goes all freaky and does the naming thing.
Really solid drummer on here, BTW... but that second, final cymbal after the "1" is forever gonna bug me. Better an open to close HH to trigger your Who's Next guitar freaky fade thing.
But you're no doubt way too sick of this shit to consider such things, eh?
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:16 am

Attachments
Come Home - Audiorefugees.mp3
(9.97 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:53 am

Ailwyn Rees

Postby ingolee » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:40 am

Attachments
APdisco.mp3
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
ingolee

Postby Krispy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:00 am

Krispy

Postby steban » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:14 am

I listened to the newest final mix and started to reply immediately how much I liked it. But then I realized I ought to relisten to master3, and after doing so I am still digging the latest the mostest.

It seems to be very in control, I'm hearing all the parts so clearly, so distinctly, and yet there is less top end I'm pretty sure. Kim, your voice is coming across so strong! There's been a little difference on each version with your effects etc, and they all are pretty good, but I think this one would appeal to more people. There's a lot of polish on this one, and that is somehow making the depth of instruments all feel more present. Some really sweet stereo horns, guitars, drums, harmony vox.

And I'm intrigued by the big ending, but I just wasn't able to imagine it enough, same with your new groove, Ingo. Been a bit distracted, too, by the season.

Ailwynn, special kudos on the bass. HUD, great guitars. Ingo, your twang is a good thang!

Why is it not on the radio?
steban

Postby HUD » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:01 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby ingolee » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:05 pm

ingolee

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab