[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - My Audio Refugees Top 10

My Audio Refugees Top 10

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

My Audio Refugees Top 10

Postby Krispy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 am

Tell us your ten favourite songs posted in the AR Reviews forum. You can't choose your own songs, and if you demanded at some point to have all your music files removed from the forum, tough sh*t because no one can listen to them any more.
Believe me, it's a daunting task to go through 13 pages of songs (takes an hour just to go through Koff's :roll: :lol:) but one suggestion is to search on your username in 'Reviews' only and read 'em to remind you how much you loved/hated each song.

Hope at least some of you can be bothered.

Doing mine was really bloody hard - there's so much good stuff here! :bow: I noted down about 25, painfully whittled them down to 15, and only decided the final 10 by making a 'one song per artist/band' rule.
So if you made it into the 10 at any position, you're so special.

1. Operation Life –Slywitt
2. Pr3scribed - Suedepudding
3. Up In Arms – Jay Quibodeaux
4. Sign Me Up - Koff
5. So Sorry – Silhouette Soul
6. Sandra’s Face - Steve Ison
7. Hipster – Koff, Windowman, Saucy & co.
8. Baby Sez (original) –Mr Troll
9. Drowning - Peeve & Hud
10. Militant Lezbo - Pharquartt & Hud

Bubbling under:
Day by Day - Slywitt
It’s Coming Around - Jay Quibodeaux
Change - Koff
Just A Little While – Slywitt
Mean Streak - Windowman
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Re: My Audio Refugees Top 10

Postby Peevette » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:11 pm

What a great post, Krispy!!!

I'll start working on compiling my list straight away....may take me a while, with homework and such....but I definitely want to participate in this thread idea!!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks Peeve. :D

Here's a little 'audio montage' I made of my top ten. Yeah, I do have a little too much time on my hands today. :|
I urge everyone to listen to the 6½ minutes to remind them how totally bloody amazing the artists on this site are, and that includes the ones I didn't have space for. All 'just hobbyists' too, except for the ones that aren't.

Sorry to say that the sound quality ain't as high as in the originals; for some ridiculous reason the maximum file size for AR uploads is 7 MB. :roll:

Montage128.mp3
(6.15 MiB) Downloaded 246 times
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Whew, finally got a list together......picking only ten was NOT easy. But, the task was a nice little trip down memory lane.

Before I put my list down, first let me state, I unfortunately do not have the time to put together a montage of these tunes.....sorry.

1. Running Water -Freakwood
2. Mea Culpa - Shankarji
3. Under the Stairs - Freakwood
4. Sandra's Face - Steve Ison
5. Drowning - Hud
6. Head and Heart - Silhouette Soul
7. Hipster - Koff, Windowman et al
8. My Reply - Jaymz
9. Sign Me Up - Koff
10. Day by Day - Sly

More I wanted to add to the list

IZ - Freakwood
Epimetheus Diary- Krispy and Co
Militant Lezbo - Pharquartt & Hud
Baby Sez (the original)- Troll
Operation Life - Sly.

Again, Kimmer, I think this is a great idea.
We have some extremely talented folks in our little spot of the cyber world!!!
It was NOT easy picking only ten!!!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby slywitt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Great idea Kim. There's a lot of listening to do. I'm going to try and get thru the lot during the week at work.
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina
slywitt

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:17 am

I know I'm worn out going through 'em ... and even more worn out seeing that "oops", I did backing vocals on that, or "I mixed this", etc.

I guess I'll just allow myself the liberty of putting songs on that I helped with in a small fashion (like production or a few lines of BV)

or maybe I'll just list all my songs as 1-10 and bubblers too. that'd be easy.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby pharquartt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:19 am

i will add my list too but i need to review a few more first.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:14 am

Krispy

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Can this count? It's beautiful.

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 am

Krispy

Postby Steve Soucy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:14 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby Steve Ison » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Stevo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 am

I though he was just being honest
Stevo

Next

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)