[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Tested & Approved. Gear that makes the cut. Recommend or inquire. If you wanna use it, chances are, somebody has abused it.

Re: Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Postby mistertroll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:38 pm

I have a terrabyte external hard drive with most of my stuff already on it.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Chris K. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Chris K.

Postby mistertroll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:54 pm

When I plug the phones into the computer, it mutes the external speakers. I might be able to figure out how to mute the speakers when plugging into the preamp, but last time I tried I never worked it out and got frustrated and gave up on the idea.

mistertroll

Postby Chris K. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Chris K.

Postby mistertroll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:16 pm

No desktop speakers. Preamp and stereo.

mistertroll

Postby mistertroll » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm

I love Google! I found out where to change a couple of settings and get a lot more volume out of my 'puter.

I'm likin' these phones. I'm not noticing any bassiness at all, but anything is lighter than my monster stereo with the subwoofer. I think the room is actually too small to use the stereo to best effect.

mistertroll

Postby steban » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:06 am

I bought a pair just like yours a few months back. I am no expert, but they plain sound pretty good to me. Plus they are comfortable and have a nice 10 ft cord. Actually, I like the Sony MDRG45LP Behind-the-Neck Headphones as well, for extended wear it is much lighter and cooler. That's my favorite cheap headphone at 19.98. It is 16-20,000 Hz, pretty good for this style, and it does deliver a pretty faithful sound.

But considering what has been said about Sony, it might be adding a little high. And the ATH-M40Fs might be a tiny bit bassy.
steban

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:39 am

Resurrecting ol' thread ..
..Just picked up a set of M40s at amazon. Liking the flat response and light-weight a lot. And at a price that doesn't break the bank, it's a win-winner all the way!
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Previous

Return to Gear