[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Tested & Approved. Gear that makes the cut. Recommend or inquire. If you wanna use it, chances are, somebody has abused it.

Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Postby mistertroll » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:13 am

My $50 Radio Shack 'phones got broken by one of my house guests, so one of them gave me a set of Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones.

Anybody familiar with them?
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Re: Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones

Postby Diki Black » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:56 pm

I have a pair of those Troll,they tend to be really bassy and not that good for mixing but work well for playback and other studio apps.
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" -Ernest Hemingway
Diki Black

Postby mistertroll » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:30 pm

mistertroll

Postby Mark Kaufman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Find a deal on the ATH-M50s. They're excellent mixing phones for people who can't rely on monitors because the room they use sucks anyway. You can find them for a little less than $100 if you hunt.

There are some other good ones too...maybe search fro Best Headphones Under $100 and read what pops up on the gearslutz site...Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic have some nice models in that range. Beware of the Sony phones if you're mixing...they hype some frequencies...good for tracking, but deceptive for mixing.
Mark Kaufman

Postby Chris K. » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:52 pm

I own both the ATH-M40 and 45 models ... as a radio and foh soundguy I want something that is very transparent - and they are ... remarkably so to my ears. Very balanced across the audio spectrum. Very clean. I've used others in the booth - but all in all I've more thoroughly enjoyed the Audio Techs more than anything else under $200 I've found to date.
Chris K.

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:15 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby icararse » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby Diki Black » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:28 am

Hey Troll you want my NEar 05 's ? Just pay for the shipping,I just ordered those Yamaha's and won't be needing them,you can have the Free stands that come with the package, I just bought too, I use paint cans with isolation pads so no need for stands on this end...

Let me know it'll be a least a week or so before I get them,think about it ?
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" -Ernest Hemingway
Diki Black

Postby Diki Black » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 am

Diki Black

Postby mistertroll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Diki, thanks for the offer, but I'm so broke right now I can't afford to pay attention.

I like these 40s pretty well so far, except I'm not getting as much volume as I'd like, even with the comp and players turned way up. I'll have to do a little experimenting and see if I can find some more noise somewhere...

mistertroll

Postby Mark Kaufman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby Chris K. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Chris K.

Postby Chris K. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Chris K.

Postby mistertroll » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:26 pm

It's not the phones. I just don't seem to get much volume out of this computer. For speakers, I run through a pre-amp and then a stereo. I only get impressive volume when I crank the pre-amp.

The computer is getting old (about 5 years), and has the "click of death" on startup. I expect it to crash and burn any day now...

mistertroll

Postby Chris K. » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Chris K.

Next

Return to Gear