[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Steven Slate drums

Steven Slate drums

Tested & Approved. Gear that makes the cut. Recommend or inquire. If you wanna use it, chances are, somebody has abused it.

Re: Steven Slate drums

Postby Mark Kaufman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:25 pm

And here's another outstanding freebie, The Brainworx Cleansweep EQ:

http://www.brainworx-music.de/en/plugin ... answeep_v2

Check it out...it's a great way to dial in the exact EQ you want very quickly, and it works in a subtractive way.
Mark Kaufman

Postby Stevo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 am

Stevo

Postby Stevo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm

So I got this SSD + Kompact3 installed last night.

Man, the installation process is most ridiculous clusterfu*k I've ever seen. Felt like I was dealing with a lame DOS program circa 1989. Whoever created the setup and instructions for this app should be shot!

Except that it's probably a 5 year old boy.

The same one that designed and programmed their lame-ass website.

But I did get the stand-alone UI up and running, and the samples do sound pretty decent. Now I just have to figure out how to use it as a Virtual Instrument within Sonar, for which they provide no instructions :tard:

Still debating about whether to get any of these Expansion Packs. Was kinda bummed to discover that SSD EX (that I bought) is a scaled-down version and that the full version is another $200+.

Guess their "no-brainer" marketing ploy worked perfectly on me :oops:
Stevo

Postby Stevo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:24 am

I might just be talking to myself in here, but wanted to say that I got SSD working as a VST plug-in within Sonar tonight without much fuss. Played around with it some more and found that the drums samples/sounds are indeed awesome. Uses a nice keyboard mapping, default settings are great out of the box, and the different layers of samples tiggered by different velocities are really expressive.

Endless options available for tweaking if one needs them. The Native Instruments Kompact3 player that it uses as the sampler engine/UI is new to me, and obviously written on a MAC platform, but it's been pretty easy to figure out. Overall, I'm really impressed with this package.

It came with 15 kits and most are quite usable. In particular the "Old Zep" one totally rocks (was recorded in a stone castle with replicated Bonham kit). But I did see that 15 kits was gonna be limiting, so I just coughed up another $50 for 2 expansion packs, and am downloading them now.

Well, I'm off to play with my new bits! :D
Stevo

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeah I'm staring hard at those expansions...

But I've been extremely lucky with new toys just recently. I was first responder to a craigslist sale of Cubase 5, dongle and all, for $200...which I can't afford right now, but made it free in the eyes of the lord by selling a Rat pedal, a delay pedal and Cubase Studio 4 and recouping the 200. I also had a Johnson J-Station and an SM-58 in the running to sell, but I got to keep them after all...until I found myself trading both of them for an unused Steinberg The Grand 3, which gives me 5 KICKASS pianos. I love deals. New, those two items could have cost me nearly $1000.
Mark Kaufman

Postby Stevo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Stevo

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm

stevo - you could have saved yourself a bundle of cash by just finding a vintage 80's casio keyboard with tone sampler drums.

idiot. they even had fab rolls and a 16 beat you couldn't reproduce for any amount of dosh.

I have over a hundred songs on cassette to prove it. unfortunately, not the keyboard, it was sold at a garage sale in the late 90's for ... hmmm ... for .... well, actually, I think I paid a kid 5 bucks to take it with the honer guitar he bought for $10.

but you get my point.

you willy nilly spending freaks.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Stevo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 am

what, you sayin' I'm miserly or sumpin' ?

:fu:
Stevo

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:51 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Mark Kaufman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 am

Can I buy the ones you don't use for half price?
Mark Kaufman

Previous

Return to Gear