[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Cubase

Cubase

Tested & Approved. Gear that makes the cut. Recommend or inquire. If you wanna use it, chances are, somebody has abused it.

Cubase

Postby steban » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Well, I am feeling rather exasperated setting up my new E-MU 0404 sound card with Cubase SX over a couple items or so.

I finally figured out how to hear the monitor in my headphones from my mic, and I can see the sound meter bouncing in the track in Cubase. But when I record, the newly recorded track does not appear in Cubase. I have two mono tracks, a left and a right, that are inputs, but would the recorded track appear on one of those? The wav file, however, is recorded and can be found in Windows Explorer!

I also cannot hear audio tracks in Cubase at all, even when played back, only my mic live.

Also, the midi is coming out all crackly.

Until I can get beyond those technical challenges, I am not recording very well at all.

I'm pretty sure it is something simple, some setting or the like. Maybe someone has had a similar problem and can suggest something else to try...
steban

Re: Cubase

Postby charvie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:29 am

Out of curiousity, what was the issue? and how did you resolve it if you did.
charvie

Postby jaymz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Sounds like your connections aren't setup correctly.

I dont have it in front of me, but check your guide for connections. They should be mapped accordingly.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby steban » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:50 am

steban

Postby steban » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:54 am

Finally tonight I got my Cubase to work with my new sound card.

I struggled with settings and just learning the barebones of the controls, with much improvement. But no playback audio until today- I updated the driver and the software, and voila! it was all better.

I thought I had already done that, but I guess not.

I must thank Google and digging deep to find the exact clue. So soon I'll be making music!

:rock:
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:43 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby pharquartt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:27 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Mark Kaufman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 pm

I was too late in registering...I read this post and thought "update your drivers" because the same thing happened to me. I'm on Cubase Studio 4 now, getting more and more familiar with it.

My computer geek friends have beat this one into my head: anytime you install a new Anything, go to the website and look for the latest drivers. Even if the drivers are already included on a disc. Bug fixes are constantly updated on just about any software, so downloading the latest drivers saves you a lot of time and heartache.
Mark Kaufman

Postby jaymz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 am

Guess who just got Cubase 5? eh?? eh?? yes yesh.. the man, the myth, the legend. Gonna do some upgrading from SX3. Then figure out how to migrate 3 Tarabytes of audio and programs over.

Anyone want to come help?
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby jaymz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:08 am

stupid phpbb3
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Mark Kaufman

Return to Gear