ideas for questions

Re: ideas for questions

Postby Krispy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 am

cjdenecia wrote:
ptalbot wrote:Well I'm afraid you'll need more than one new face here.
And if only the people already there could wake up a little bit...

I don't have anything to add to that. just thought it needed repeating.

To be fair those few that are 'there' (here) are awake (at least most of them). All those who were on board at the start and then drifted away don't qualify anymore as far as I'm concerned. This is a long-held gripe of mine. :x
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ptalbot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:19 pm

I don't count posting in the FUCK thread as being active... do you?
Taking that long to (meaning never) write a few questions for a FAQ doesn't strike me as being active either.

Now I know you (Krispy) have lots of reviews under your belt and you did a few lately, so it's not directed to you, but let me state it more clearly, and you'll probably recognize the old saying:
"A couple reviews a day will keep the site from going away!"

Come on people! Instead of watching the latest reality show on TV, why don't you listen to some indie songs and do some reviews?
ptalbot

Postby HUD » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:43 pm

ptalbot wrote:Come on people! Instead of watching the latest reality show on TV, why don't you listen to some indie songs and do some reviews?

But that show last night about the 980 pound (how many stones is that?) Englishman yesterday enriched my life so tremendously.
Posting BS in the Bin is slightly better than nothing. Definitely would be nice if those who are still around would at least review enough to match how many their songs have received. These comments may be falling on deaf ears, since I'm not even sure if some of our Bin peeps even venture anywhere north of "General discussion" if that, though.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Krispy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 pm

ptalbot wrote:I don't count posting in the FUCK thread as being active... do you?

Not in the way I would like.
It's probably not very interesting to you but when the site was just a crazy dream there were a lot of people here who were active on a daily basis. I'm sure some of them would cite other reasons for disappearing but it's always seemed to me that once the *instant* forum reviews option was taken away and/or the time came to do some work, somehow it lost its appeal.
Some people just want a forum to do funnies/piss on CJ/Roxi and forget that it's become secondary to the review site.

"A couple reviews a day will keep the site from going away!"

Come on people! Instead of watching the latest reality show on TV, why don't you listen to some indie songs and do some reviews?

You should be our Promotion and Advertising director.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 am

just thought I'd let you know pat, I am working on this ....

ptalbot wrote:Man! Honestly, I feel for you...
So here are a few questions I compiled this evening:

Reviews:
- What is the BRS?
- How does the BRS work?
- What's so good about reviews being blind?
- The BRS asked me to choose a round... What is a round? Why do I have to choose? How does this work?
- Can I switch the songs I'm reviewing?
- Can't I just review a song that I've found on the site?
- Why don't I know whose band this is?
- Why do I have to choose a category to review?
- Why do I get to review two songs at a time? Why not one?
- Are the songs level matched in the BRS?
- I have reviewed a few songs in the XXX category and now the BRS doesn't present that category to me any more... is it broken?
- What are the mandatory criteria?
- What are the band criteria?
- Why are criteria rating values only 1 to 4?
- Why can't I select 0 as a rating?
- Why do I see a band criteria labelled "Song 1"?
- How much time do I have to listen to a song for the review to be valid?
- If I start a review and go get a coffee will I be able to submit it when I'm back?
- I have started a review in the BRS but I have to go out, can I save it and finish later?
- Is a title mandatory for a review?
- How many words does my review need to have to be valid?
- Can I use HTML in my text review? Or any markup/tags?
- Can I modify a review after I've submitted it? Why not?
- Why is there no titles for the songs I'm reviewing?
- Can I see the lyrics during the review? Why not?
- Can I exchange with the band whose song I'm reviewing?
- I get a preference field is required when I submit my review, what did I do wrong?
- I get a Song 1/2 Op Q field 1/2/3/4/5 required when I submit my review, what did I do wrong?
- I get a Song 1/2 Total Play time field is required? Where is this field?
- What happens when I did submit my review?
- Will the band be notified that they received a new review?
- Will they see the ratings that I've submitted?
- Will they know the time I've spent reviewing their song?
- Will they be able to contact me? How?
- How can I submit a song in the BRS?
- What if I don't want a song to be in the BRS?
- How do I set band criteria for my own songs?
- Will I be notified when I get a new review?
- What if I get a review that I don't like?
- What does the 'Feature this review' button does?
- I see that I have a new review, but it says ratings pending (or something like that), why?
- What do I have to do when I received a review?
- Why do reviews appear randomly on the home page?
- Can I delete a review of my song that is not nice? Can I change it?
- Is there any way to review a song out of the BRS? If not, why?

User accounts:
- I want to register to upload songs and it asks for an email address... is this mandatory? Are your going to spam me?
- I'm asked if I'm a real person... what kind of question is that?
- I don't understand the relationship between the main site and the forum? Do I need two accounts?
- Are there minimal requirements for passwords?
- I'm asked to login every time I come to the site, is there a way for the system to remember me?
- I'd like to create more than one account, can I do that?
- Can I add a picture to my account? What type of files are allowed?
- The first time I review, I'm asked to read and check a Review System Terms of Agreement? Why is that?
- Can I link to my website?
- Can I add personal information to my account?
- Why do I have to create a band to upload songs? I have no band, it's just me!
- How many bands can I create and link to one account?
- Can I put an image for my band? Does it have to be the same as my account?
- Can I link to my band's website?
- What are the similar artists fields? Why is there only 5 of them?
- Do I have to set a location for my band?
- What's the difference between Band Members and Audiopolis Band Members?
- How many band members can I add?
- What's the "TuneTestList1 - Defaults"?
- What are arguments?
- I've uploaded a few songs, can I add them to a playlist?
- I would like to reorder the songs seen on my band's profile, can I do that? How?
- I want to upload a song, but it doesn't fit in any genres, what can I do?
- Can I upload a cover?
- Can I upload the song of someone else?
- Are instrumentals acceptable?
- What's a sub genre? What is it used for?
- What are bonus credits?
- What's the story about the ratio for uploading?
- I've put two of my song in the BRS but it says I cannot put more. What can I do?
- The song size limit is 7Mb, my file is 45Mb, what can I do?
- 7Mb is quite low and forces me to use low bit rates mp3, can I link to a song on Youtube or Soundcloud instead?
- What's the maximum size allowed for the image of a song?
- When I choose to put a song into the BRS, I'm asked to choose 5 review ratings questions, what are they for?
- What if I don't have more than 2 ratings I'm curious about, what should I choose?
- I'd like to have my kazoo playing rated, but I don't see it in the review rating questions, what can I do?
- I see a check box to 'Allow file downloads' but nowhere on the site do I see where I can download other's songs, am I missing something?

Charts:
- What are the charts?
- How is the rankings calculated in the charts?
- Why is my new song at the bottom of the chart?
- I received a good review but there's still no ratings on my song, and I'm still at the bottom of the chart?
- Why are a some songs in round 2 and some others in round 1?
- Are there charts per genre?
- What is the Final Rankings chart and why are these songs not in the overall chart?
- The charts don't seem to change, are they broken?
- Are there monthly charts? Weekly charts? Can we vote on the forum for the best song/worst song/whatever criteria?
- Are there negative charts? The songs that suck the most?
- What's the difference between the Charts and the All music menu?
- I've put a song in the BRS and it's in the charts, but I want it out of there now (without deleting it), what can I do?
- I've uploaded a song and didn't check the box to put it in the BRS, can I do it now?
- I've put a song in the wrong category, and it's been badly rated, can I change the category and start anew? What's going to happen?

Site Navigation:
- When I click the Home link in the menu more than once, I get different 'Latest reviews', is that normal?
- Why does the 'Forum' send me to another site with a completely different navigation? I'm lost!
- The Words link is showing me a page of only the 10 Latest Reviews, what if I want to go to review 154?
- There's a list of 'Latest articles' but no such link on the menu, is that normal?
- I have a great article that I would like to submit, where do I do that?
- In the Whole Music I see the 'Latest Play-lists' where are the others?
- How can I create my own play list?
- I'm missing the "Your Music" and "You Profile" menu links, where are they gone?
- I cannot edit my profile/band/song any more, I'm missing the little edit tab, what did I do wrong?
- When I use the search on the left panel, it works on the main page but not in some other pages, for example a song page... I get a 'Page not found' is that normal? (bug)
- In the search on the left panel, I can search by 'Any Term' but not on the song search page, is that normal?
- In the search song pages, I can only search by Band name, Similar artists, City and Postal code. But the table shows me Location and Country, why can't I search on these too?
- When I'm logged in, I see a '0 new messages' at the top right of the menu, when I click on it I'm directed to a different site's forum, what's going on?
- On a song page, why do I see 2 only reviews and then a list?
- When I click on the play button of a song, a tiny window opens, if I click on the audiopolis.org text I go to a page http://www.audiopolis.org/spdev1/ that is not found? (bug)
- The sound in the player is quite low, can I set it to louder by default? Can I set it in my profile for example?
- Can I review a song that I've found, right on the song page?
- In the friendly links, the indieNetunes link is broken, is that normal?
- Is there a RSS feed for new songs/new reviews/charts? What's the URL?

Forum:
There's already a phpBB FAQ in the forum, so I don't think you need more, plus it's pretty standard, but here's a few specific Q for this site:

- Once in the forum, I tried to reply to messages but my messages didn't appear, what kind of moderation exist in the forum? How long will it take for my message to appear?
- Are my posts visible to unregistered users?
- How can I subscribe to a thread to receive email notifications?
- Get me out of here! I want to go back to the Audiopolis main site, how do I do that?
- Where can I find the songs of a forum user?

Hope this helps...
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:47 am

Cool! Thanks for the update cj!

BTW, I thought of a couple more for the Review category:
- Can I update a song that has been reviewed already?
- Can I post more than one version of a song?
- What happens for a song in a category that has an odd number of songs and all the others have been reviewed?

And this one which is probably a feature request:
- Why not have a 'free' category, where songs could be picked from any categories for a review? This could solve the problem above.
ptalbot

Postby ptalbot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Another question for ya:
- What makes a song enter in the charts at a random position? Until now I had assumed that until they get at least 2 reviews, songs were listed in the chart in the order they've entered, meaning they get at the bottom... but I see one song entered today that went straight to 322/359. Is that normal doctor?
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:32 am

ptalbot wrote:Another question for ya:
- What makes a song enter in the charts at a random position? Until now I had assumed that until they get at least 2 reviews, songs were listed in the chart in the order they've entered, meaning they get at the bottom... but I see one song entered today that went straight to 322/359. Is that normal doctor?

no.

I've never seen it before. I will alert the man on this and one other glitch that was reported today ....
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Previous

Return to FAQ Development