New Reviews?

This forum is for reviewees and reviewers and all comers to discuss various aspects of Audiopolis reviews. (contribute at your own risk and be sure to actually DO official AP.org reviews!)

New Reviews?

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:01 am

Have all Audiopolis members ceased to review songs? I've admittedly slowed down, but where are the rest of you? :cry: :bang: :? :hammer:
If you've had a review recently just savour the moment!!!
Ailwyn Rees

Re: New Reviews?

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Audiopolis still attracts new members, but I guess they'll soon be frustrated if their songs don't get reviews? I'm probably wasting my time typing this eulogy out, as three people on this planet might read it, and one out their somewhere else?
Ailwyn Rees

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Ailwyn Rees wrote:Audiopolis still attracts new members, but I guess they'll soon be frustrated if their songs don't get reviews? I'm probably wasting my time typing this eulogy out, as three people on this planet might read it, and one out their somewhere else?

the fact that I only saw this post today must mean something very very significant A. and I really can't recall when I last did a review pair ... mostly cus I ran out of songs to review. now, with a dozen or so new ones, I really ought to - and I will but I don't expect anyone else to. that's long sinsce past ....

and yeah, it's sad and all that, and it's a pity for the new bands that come on board but what can I do at this stage when such incredible apathy rules the day?

for those that want to keep doing a few reviews in the hopes that it might help the band (reviewee), more power to ya. and them ... but as I said probably more than a year ago, the lights are on but we're not home.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby rshakesp » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:22 pm

I just joined and did a few reviews - but its clearly tectonic in the pace of movement - shame - it has potential as a site
rshakesp

Postby steban » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:27 pm

I just did my first review pair in who knows how long? And one was your song! I still enjoy the blind reviews, doing them and getting them, but I also believe the tectonic movement is built in to the process, not requiring any work to theoretically receive a review. The model used depends on logical human thought simply understanding how impossible it is when people don't voluntarily review.

Now voluntarily, this could change at a moment's notice, if everybody suddenly got on board. I personally don't believe that is a realistic expectation, but I am glad cj and Gregg are letting it be the graveyard it is as the idea is grand, and the lessons to be learned may one day inspire a new and improved model that won't run out of gas.

And lastly, the music here to be discovered is worthy of surviving a decade of apathy. After all, we live in a time of high speed downloads, and the twerking cats are at the top of the charts. It doesn't say a lot for the masses, no, it is downright frightening. Makes you want to write a song called Stupid World or Attack of the Twerking Cats, but I suspect almost all of us have written that one by one name or another at least once.

I am saying this because we might have a tendency to take it personally when it really is exactly the opposite. So thank you for sharing your song here, good luck and keep it coming!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Postby Krispy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm considering knocking a few out again; it's been too long. The world needs my poetry innit.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:40 am

Krispy wrote:I'm considering knocking a few out again; it's been too long. The world needs my poetry innit.

Not long completed #301
Ailwyn Rees

Return to Audiopolis Reviews Discussions (Waggers and slaggers)