Synchronicity

This forum is for reviewees and reviewers and all comers to discuss various aspects of Audiopolis reviews. (contribute at your own risk and be sure to actually DO official AP.org reviews!)

Synchronicity

Postby ingolee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:48 am

Today two of our top artists (Krispy and Hud) both reviewed the same song, which luckily happened to be one of mine. Both reviews were excellent and gave good information, as these two always do, and I appreciate them both, especially because they bravely reached into the often scary depths of the experimental netherworld. (Krispy liked it better, and we won't dwell on that, but thank you!)
Thank you both!

These two also recently collabed on and posted a wonderful pop gem "Stuck in a Freaky Way" that I would highly recommend if you haven't heard it yet. Synchronicity!
ingolee

Re: Synchronicity

Postby Krispy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 am

ingolee wrote:Krispy liked it better, and we won't dwell on that.

Yeah, I seem to be pretty much in love with everything you do. But that is really the best thing about a blind review system; I didn't have a clue who it was so I can never be accused of sucking up for ulterior purposes yet to be defined.
I just thought it was really, really good. :thumb:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ingolee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Krispy wrote:
ingolee wrote:Krispy liked it better, and we won't dwell on that.

Yeah, I seem to be pretty much in love with everything you do. But that is really the best thing about a blind review system; I didn't have a clue who it was so I can never be accused of sucking up for ulterior purposes yet to be defined.
I just thought it was really, really good. :thumb:

Well thanks again! So far I haven't exactly set the world or the blind review system on fire, but getting encouragement from an artist of your stature is very special and I do appreciate it!
ingolee

Postby HUD » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I was actually pretty surprised to see that you were the artist Ingolee...had no idea. As I look again at my review, I'm thinking it could have been better. Think I was fairly expended from the competing song being about 4 hours long.
And thanks for the "fREAKY" mention. tHAT is the proper spelling, btw.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby ingolee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:30 pm

HUD wrote:I was actually pretty surprised to see that you were the artist Ingolee...had no idea. As I look again at my review, I'm thinking it could have been better. Think I was fairly expended from the competing song being about 4 hours long.
And thanks for the "fREAKY" mention. tHAT is the proper spelling, btw.

4 hrs, wow sounds like someone I know! Have to work on my spelling, that tune is worth it.
ingolee

Postby steban » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Repent Sinners or this fate awaits

Review of : theme from agent of chaos By: Expresso Stebo

Was thinking outer space was the setting as this began, somewhat promisingly. I think it all (literally) goes to hell when the voice comes in. He's got some interesting vocal lines (having no idea the lyrics), but they become pretty motonous, sounding like mortal agony at best - a valid artistic choice, but really not really having any kind of progression, like a build.
Would help sonically if we had some actual bass tones to provide great depth. We get some fairly nice Roxy Eno freaky sounds,but too much mid-tones. Feels like a random callage more than a work of art in that regard.
That "transition" at 6:15± is abrupt. Should have ended here. Now that I can finally understand some words I'm thinking I was better off not understanding them. Don't care anymore about living in a world of misinformation. Would have been better to have stayed enigmatic and mystical. "Micromanage me'? Save it for at work, not for this "tune".
Okay, at 11:20, I think I do hear Satan, "for the love of chaos"...pretty well sums this up. Not a place I'd care to re-visit.

It has to be me!!!!!!

I have been getting some very helpful reviews, including negative criticism, which is just how it should be. This is an experimental song, Hud, in the other version the music is flipped first and second halves while the vocals remain the same. It is based on a sci-fi cult novel Agent of Chaos by Norman Spinrad. In a distant future all society is controlled in a micromanaged kind of order, and agents of chaos are out there trying to bring back a little freedom of choice and speech.

when you're an agent of chaos
provocateur of unintended consequence
how can you be so sure?
how do you know you haven't
crossed the crooked lines
into law and order?

I think after listening to it about 4 times you'd begin to understand the words, dude. I'm hoping I'm getting better with vocal mixes, but it can still be hit and miss.

I really like the 'hear Satan' sentence. Well written! And let me shout out to all, Hud is a diehard reviewer. He listened to the entire song! Any 12 minute song is a lot to consume, and I do occasionally come up with longer than average songs. Often they would be best broken up, but sometimes they are just plain long, so thanks for having the opposite of ADHD.
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Return to Audiopolis Reviews Discussions (Waggers and slaggers)