Still Trying to Maneuver on this Site.

This forum is for reviewees and reviewers and all comers to discuss various aspects of Audiopolis reviews. (contribute at your own risk and be sure to actually DO official AP.org reviews!)

Still Trying to Maneuver on this Site.

Postby MsDa D » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:37 am

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section of this site. I want to thank the reviewer for the great accolades on your review of Rebel Raiser. Can someone advise if this is right place to post this. I tried to go write to the source; but I kept getting the reviewer's profile page, and I couldn't find a section to post something directly to him. Also, I've been identified as being part of the registered user group. How many groups are there, and is there a specific way to post directly with the group?
MsDa D

Re: Still Trying to Maneuver on this Site.

Postby Peevette » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:03 pm

MsDa D wrote:I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section of this site. I want to thank the reviewer for the great accolades on your review of Rebel Raiser. Can someone advise if this is right place to post this. I tried to go write to the source; but I kept getting the reviewer's profile page, and I couldn't find a section to post something directly to him. Also, I've been identified as being part of the registered user group. How many groups are there, and is there a specific way to post directly with the group?

Howzit MsDa D.

This thread is a very good place for you to thank a reviewer publicly. If would rather send them a private message, you can find the person from the 'members list' (top right hand corner of forum page you will see "FAQ, Members, Logout"). Click on 'members' to get to the member list. Click on the member's name and then click "Private Message".

User groups enable board admins to better administer users. By default a user is placed in a specific group; you are part of the "Registered Users" group, your default group. This group defines how you may appear to other users, for example your username colouration, avatar, rank, etc. To change your default group, an administrator must allow it. You may also be placed in or allowed to join other groups. Some groups may give you additional permissions to view content or increase your capabilities in other areas. There are only six groups, Administrators, Global Moderators, Registered Users, Trustees and for those who cannot seem to behave themselves in the forum, Binned and Leper. You should be able to contact everyone through the "Registered Users" group.

I hope this answers your questions.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby mistertroll » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:12 pm

MsDa D, please also feel free to comment on any obstacles, glitches, or awkwardness in site functionality in the appropriate forums (viewforum.php?f=77). Most of us here have been working with the site long enough that we don't see those things. Kinda like needing someone else to proofread an article because the writer doesn't see the the accidentally repeated word. We just instinctively work around things that might be frustrating for a new user.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:37 pm

mistertroll wrote:MsDa D, please also feel free to comment on any obstacles, glitches, or awkwardness in site functionality in the appropriate forums (viewforum.php?f=77). Most of us here have been working with the site long enough that we don't see those things. Kinda like needing someone else to proofread an article because the writer doesn't see the the accidentally repeated word. We just instinctively work around things that might be frustrating for a new user.

mistuh Dee .... what troll says - all true.

what peeve quoted - all true. but to be honest, the user group feature of the forum doesn't mean much. we don't really use it beyond the fact that the forum needs it to rank site members for forum features and permissions. ie - don't worry about it. a registered user is just somebody who's signed up for the site and has either passed the forum ruling of 3 approved (by admin or moderators) posts in the forum OR in your case, where an admin (starsky) has approved you prior to forum posts cus he knows you are a real user and not an internet bot or a web troublemaker or spammer just here to spew garbage around ....

the fact is D, you have happened upon our fledgling site that is in the latter stages of the beta release. and there's undoubtedly many things we haven't considered as far as our complete user interface is concerned. and we haven't hit the switch on some other features and gadgets yet. cus we are monitoring the functionality and results as we go .... such as the way songs enter the review queue. as I briefly explained to you in a PM. right now, the system is set to put songs in a line according to when they were uploaded and that's why you haven't received further reviews yet beyond mine (which is the one you wanted to give credit for - thanks accepted, my pleasure - good stuff to listen to)

so - hope these answers by all handle your query. if not, and if you have further questions - just ask. the only stupid question is the one roxi asks. (you'll probably run into him eventually - he's our village idiot and we love him for it) .... well, sometimes this guy named z says stupid things but he does work very hard during the day and then hits the bottle hard for about 3 hours before he posts.

but I'll bet he'd love the song of yours that I reviewed drunk or sober. him being an axeman, he loves the big gits.

ooooh and welcome to audiopolis/audiorefugees!

btw - how did you happen upon our site? what brought you here?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby MsDa D » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:59 am

Thanks for all the helpful info. I stumbled on the site. Was looking for some musicians to work on originals w/ me in South Florida, and entered some kind of query on Google that I can't remember, and this Audiopolis popped up. I went to it and was very intrigued. Think it's a great site. I understand about 50% of the info contained in the forums. But you all are very funny and extremely creative; all but the guy you said was the village idiot. I need to stay away from him. How do you get to the second level to review? Does this option occur after you have done so many? I've gotten some great feedback on several of my songs, and I want to thank you all for the positive and the negative criticism. It helps me to be a better songwriter.
MsDa D

Postby HUD » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:21 pm

HAH...that's the V.I. for short. We're still glad to have him, otherwise we'd have to open auditions for his replacement...
although maybe "winnie" thinks auditions are open
Thanks for the positive review for "No Work". Only a splash of reverb on that vocal was all.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 pm

MsDa D wrote:Thanks for all the helpful info. I stumbled on the site. Was looking for some musicians to work on originals w/ me in South Florida, and entered some kind of query on Google that I can't remember, and this Audiopolis popped up. I went to it and was very intrigued. Think it's a great site. I understand about 50% of the info contained in the forums. But you all are very funny and extremely creative; all but the guy you said was the village idiot. I need to stay away from him. How do you get to the second level to review? Does this option occur after you have done so many? I've gotten some great feedback on several of my songs, and I want to thank you all for the positive and the negative criticism. It helps me to be a better songwriter.

.... been good having ya here man.

to your questions ....

reviewing in round 2 is something that will happen as songs in round 1 get their 10 reviews coupled with the number of songs left in YOUR queue in that genre. obviously, that's a lot of songs in some genres. therefore, a lot of reviews .... I think rock is the first and only genre with reviews for songs in round 2 at present.

of course, if we had hundreds of active reviewers, that'd happen quicker .... but no, it's not specifically after having done X number of reviews by itself that graduates you to round 2 reviewing but it helps. tho the number X here is very random.

and thanks to you too for YOUR reviews D. top notch that I've seen ....
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

MsDa D wrote:I understand about 50% of the info contained in the forums.

Well, the die-hards have shared 8 years or more of, er, laughter and tears :| but always happy to explore fresh stupidity and we do do requests.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 pm

MsDa D wrote:Thanks for all the helpful info. I stumbled on the site. Was looking for some musicians to work on originals w/ me in South Florida, and entered some kind of query on Google that I can't remember, and this Audiopolis popped up. I went to it and was very intrigued. Think it's a great site. I understand about 50% of the info contained in the forums. But you all are very funny and extremely creative; all but the guy you said was the village idiot. I need to stay away from him. How do you get to the second level to review? Does this option occur after you have done so many? I've gotten some great feedback on several of my songs, and I want to thank you all for the positive and the negative criticism. It helps me to be a better songwriter.

Are you still in existence Mr Dee?
If you've had a review recently just savour the moment!!!
Ailwyn Rees

Return to Audiopolis Reviews Discussions (Waggers and slaggers)