[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - reviewers extraordinaire!

reviewers extraordinaire!

This forum is for reviewees and reviewers and all comers to discuss various aspects of Audiopolis reviews. (contribute at your own risk and be sure to actually DO official AP.org reviews!)

Re: reviewers extraordinaire!

Postby ptalbot » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:06 pm

ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Well thanks both! I quite enjoy listening to all sorts of music and being surprised... and since I've got some time on my hand - can't record this week-end with a big fiesta right under my studio window(!) :( - I'll probably do some more...

BTW: I'm not expecting much reviews, just sharing the music I do is enough.
ptalbot

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:18 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ptalbot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 am

ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:47 pm

pat,

with you now totally 130 reviews and counting - you have done already what no one, I repeat NO ONE, not me, not stebs - NO ONE else has done. you have blown the doors off the system. single handedly moving the charts and completely rounds and sending songs into second round status - all in just over a week.

massive congrats and even bigger thanks. I think we're gonna eventually have reviewer awards and one of them is gonna be named after you.

but the thing is, not only have you done the basic reviews, but you've offered up great critiques, especially about production but more importantly, I've watched the quick metamorphosis from you doing the reviews very much like you'd do them at your other review forum to a more audiopolis based text review where you've started to mix your technical side with a bit more of your likes, dislikes and gut feelings about the songs themselves. your preferences and how the songs effected you. or is it 'affected'? anyway - that's great, you've caught on with the same speed as your reviews. tho even if you hadn't gone a bit more into the "feeling" aspect of things - you'd have still be a breath of fresh air and a boon to our system. it's just that this newer fashion you've sorta taken on is so much more comprehensive and will mean more to the reviewee.

just great. fabulous. really.

a sincere thank you is in order from me, from the development team (I believe gregg has already said so much in another post elsewhere) and from the community at large (which will hate me speaking for them).

stebs said somewhere that you get some sort of seat on the city council or whatever the hell he was going on about and tho I don't know if it'll ever come to pass in that fashion, if it does - you deserve it.

are you 1/5th of quintuplets? if so, can your siblings join us?

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm

ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:59 am

This is the same basic time out that I experience at first.
It took about 24 to 48 hours for me to be able to reply to a PM that someone had sent me.
I really thing this is unnecessary...
If someone is abusing the system, members should be able to report that and then you can intervene, but remove these beforehand limitations as they are felt as a rebuttal by newbies.
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:56 am

Cool. Thanks cj!
I know this could mean more work for you (although I doubt it will make a difference ATM) but let's see how it goes, right?
ptalbot

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 pm

...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Previous

Return to Audiopolis Reviews Discussions (Waggers and slaggers)