[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Digital Distribution and Publication Companies

Digital Distribution and Publication Companies

Business related issues revolving around Independent Music.

Digital Distribution and Publication Companies

Postby MsDa D » Fri May 03, 2013 12:50 am

I've been receiving emails from Tunecore and the different packages they have to entice me to let them distribute my tunes to different digital stores. I'm new to this industry, and I want to know if anyone has done any research concerning which of these digital distribution/publication companies are legitimate and fair. If so, please share.
MsDa D

Re: Digital Distribution and Publication Companies

Postby mistertroll » Fri May 03, 2013 12:59 am

Only one I'm familiar with is CDBaby. They put my stuff on approximately 50 websites around the world. I haven't sold squat, but I show up all over the place.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby MsDa D » Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 am

Are they also supposed to market your stuff, get you airplay and stuff? Is it their job to try and sell your tunes where they get a piece of it; or do they strictly get it in the digital stores, and it's your job to go grassroots and eat what you kill.
MsDa D

Postby MsDa D » Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 am

Are they also supposed to market your stuff, get you airplay and stuff? Is it their job to try and sell your tunes where they get a piece of it; or do they strictly get it in the digital stores, and it's your job to go grassroots and eat what you kill.
MsDa D

Postby mistertroll » Fri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm

CDBaby does not do any active promotion, as far as I know.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Last edited by cjdenecia on Wed May 15, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited my own stupidity
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to The Biz