[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - SoundClick mutual masturbation invites

SoundClick mutual masturbation invites

Business related issues revolving around Independent Music.

SoundClick mutual masturbation invites

Postby Stevo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 am

Stevo

Re: SoundClick mutual masturbation invites

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Have to admit I've been getting a lot more of those requests in the last couple weeks. You can call it brothers if that's what you notice, but I get them from everyone who is naive enough to believe they can build a name for themselves through such dumbass alliances--country, folk, pop, metal, etc. They really think it will get them further along somehow. See my friends!

I've been there for years and regard the place as file storage, nothing more. I've had numerous "Number Ones", and have looked at the statistics and realized it only takes 100 or so listens to get there...how did I get those? By posting new songs on several forums. Do the numbers ever grow? Nope. They soon drop off the map, because the only people who listen to SoundClick are the users and the people to whom they send the links. I can't imagine how boring it would be to actively listen to SoundClick as if it were a radio station.

Same thing happened to OurStage...when it came out, they were hoping to stoke up a huge base of FANS. They don't go into that aspect anymore...instead, it's hyped as a vehicle to get noticed by the business, and maybe win a chance to score a cameo appearance at a big show, or maybe meet Beyonce's manager's assistant's brother-in-law. The slogan used to be "Let the fans decide", but now it's "the New Music Revolution".
Mark Kaufman

Postby ROXI » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm

This is not good, Spam is Spam no matter how you look at it
In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

hmmmm .... roxi found a workaround did he?

rox - do not post in forums you are prohibited from posting in or further permissions will be restricted. meaning - I will make all of your posts and replies subject to moderator approval.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby meatcigars » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 pm

meatcigars

Postby Stevo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Thanks for the info Mark. Good to know it's not just me. I wonder what has spurred the sudden increase in these types of requests?

Perhaps it's all the people abandoning MySpace now doing the same thing on SoundClick?
Stevo

Postby Steve Ison » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:06 am

Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby DeathChamberzMusic » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:56 pm

It's a quick way to get people to be willing to add you for the cost of adding them. It's been found to be succesful so more people will try it.
DeathChamberzMusic

Return to The Biz