[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - My Audio Refugees Top 10

My Audio Refugees Top 10

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: My Audio Refugees Top 10

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Fuzzy logic restated in Vulcan ;) : selecting the 10 best songs out of a group of a dozen or so people is likely to include a majority of the group as "winners", leaving a minority as "losers". Whether or not Z was serious, the feeling he expressed was one I figured to be inevitable, given the size of our group.

Not suggesting anything here...just explaining why I hesitated. Ask any teacher what will happen if you give candy to most, but not all, of the class. :cry:
Mark Kaufman

Postby Peevette » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Peevette » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 pm

You're right. And this candy is delicious! :thumb:

:hippy:
Mark Kaufman

Postby zxyz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:31 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby jaymz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:27 am

I'm just glad I left all my "good" stuff out of the review threads!
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Krispy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:10 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby steban » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:21 pm

I am not sure I have a top 10 per se. I have a top song per person possibly.

That would be about 12 songs.....

It is all a matter of slicing and dicing. What is best, Janis Joplin's Mercedes Benz or Kansas' Dust in the Wind or Metallica's Enter Nothing Else Matters?
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:40 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 pm

I do wish you lot wouldn't get so uppity and hand-wringing about dis li'l ting. It was supposed to be a fun but sincere tribute to all the good music we have here. And yeah, the odds will favour the most prolific of song posters, which explains why you made a jolly threesome in my top 10 Koff.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks Krispy!

But we wouldn't be Audio Refugees if we were all easygoing and compliant, would we?
Mark Kaufman

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:03 pm

For what it's worth, the song here that has moved me the most, so far, is "Serpentine".

But Keee-rist, my brain can't pick 10 favorite anything. Just not wired that way.
Mark Kaufman

Postby jaymz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 pm

What's "Enter Nothing Else Matters"?

Is that the B side of "Master of Orion"?
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby zxyz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm

"Enter the Sand-Matters" .. a song about giant dust bunny eating rabbits .. (or so I've heard) ..
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

PreviousNext

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)