[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - My Audio Refugees Top 10

My Audio Refugees Top 10

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: My Audio Refugees Top 10

Postby Steve Soucy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:12 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 am

Can I just say this thread is supposed to be about, er, appreciating and acknowledging other people's music.

When I get the idea for this sort of thing, I weigh up outlay versus outcome (for at least two minutes) and then, fuelled by enthusiasm, make a start.
About halfway though, I find myself thinking "Why am I bothering?" but carry on anyway, because the end justifies the means.
So, it's three cheers for the botherers! :beer:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby slywitt » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Ok.. in no particular order ... and I'm sure I missed a couple

Up in Arms -Jay
Us - Pharquart
The Falling - jaymz
So Far Away - French Bluish Purple Suede
Lost Luggage - Zingstone
Catwalk Candy - Mark Kaufman
The Next Moment - Kim, Suede Pudding, cj, Koff
Sandra's Face - Steve Ison
Just For You - charas
Low Voice -Hoss von Liederhosen
also...
Militant Lezbo - Hud
Cranial Sabatoge- ?
Hitman- Windowman
Soul Souk - Freakwood Hack

You can mix/match any of the above into the top 10....

also..
all of Jaymz stuff
some of Steve Soucy's stuff
Gettin' Fat - Mr. Testicles
All Steve Ison
Longing - Chillum Bros.
My Little STD - Mark Kaufman
Pretty much anything Kim sings

Any of the above might have hit the top 10 on any given day, depending on my mood.
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina
slywitt

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby zxyz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:32 am

.. I'll try to compile my list in the near future ..
Slywitt and Jays kid r just so cute.. ain't they . ? look alike .. sorta ..
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Krispy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 am

I'm so glad this thread didn't die. :D
Krispy

Postby pharquartt » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:24 am

had to go back and listen for awhile...

the following are listed because they "moved' me in some way, more than for any virtuosity displayed (or not). the list is limited mainly because we're still in our infancy and don't have the breadth of the old GB stockpile....yet.

the following are my "favorites" so far, all for different reasons but really for the same - they pleased me. i felt better for having heard them. (another reason why i love this place.)

jay - up in arms
steve ison - identity thief
sly - she waited
K & company - falling from the tree
troll - baby sez
sly - day by day
charas(ji) - mea culpa
krispy - the vigil
hud & k -the stranger of every
jay - she lives in harmony

honorable mention:
jaymz - most anything on production alone, but still waiting for the magic hook.....

sugarstick-do it like you mean it

and many others....
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 am

Well done Phar - and I'm so pleased The Vigil got in there! :love:
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:46 am

Well, since none of Z and other collabs got in there my feelings R hurt and I'm gonna wait for the official "we ain't GB anymore" and the official launch of AP because you-all cant seem to leggo of the past .. damnitt .. :mad:
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Krispy

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Prunes!
Jay

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 pm

.... I'm tempted to think z was sorta kidding. then again, it's possible he wasn't - in which case, I'd have to say that I don't believe the thread idea was a popularity contest nor a clique reinforcement nor anything similar. in a review forum like ours, where most participants already tell it like it is for them regarding others songs, who woulda believed that any kind of top list would be any different?

and why would anyone get bent about it? when looking at a persons choices, people would have to take personal likes, dislikes, preferences into account. and some self realism.

for example, if jay had included a song of mine that he had panned in review, to see it on his list for top 10 would have stank of lie.

and that's ok cus by and large, I know jay has preferences off the beaten path of most of what I have done. that doesn't make his list superior and it doesn't mean my songs aren't great. it does mean they haven't moved him to include them on his list.

fair enough.

if it's important to me to get him to include something on his list (next time), I better learn what he likes and learn to write, perform, record and present something close to that (or those) preferences. otherwise, what do I have to moan about?

then again, maybe he's just an idiot and all my songs are great and he's a twat for not including all of them on his list.

yeah ... that's it. he's a twat. all my songs are fab. I really need him to love my songs. if he doesn't, moaning will help.

but I'm guessing z was either taking the piss jokingly or he was a bit dikified. (drunk)
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

PreviousNext

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)