[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Montcoal

Montcoal

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: Montcoal

Postby zxyz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Mark Kaufman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 am

The negatives seem to be bringing you down, zxyz, so I'll just focus on the positives this time around. This has a definite 80's feel to it, and I think the "wild wild world" is a great hook. That hook, along with the vocal approach, reminds me of Iggy Pop's 80's period...only with a Van Halen rhythm guitar approach...and the spoken word clip fits right in to that 80's thing. Feels good to get a song to this point, where you feel the whole intended atmosphere and it turns into something. It has a combination of mellowness and high energy somehow.

Now, I can think of ways you could improve this, and you've heard several...but I think you're happy with this one, and sometimes that's all we need...to hit a certain level that tells us, "hey man, I got to here, and I like it...now watch me do it again..." Keep 'em coming!
Mark Kaufman

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby zxyz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:06 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby zxyz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Bite me jay.
zxyz

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby zxyz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:38 am

ok-let's take it to to the bin, girly.
zxyz

Postby Diki Black » Sat May 01, 2010 6:42 am

Eh...the track is dated for sure and just going by pure songwriting,it's decent especially the words sung,but...Sly had this same problem years back with cheesy tones and that is off putting all the tones here on everything but the vox is cheese,Imagine if Bohemian Rhapsody was recorded on a toy piano is my point I think your very talented and could write and record something very good...

Weigh in on your strenth's

You can arrange,definately sing nice,your lyrics are good,playing is decent enough...bass is...good

Bad : tones are cheap sounding very thin, Drums have no validity again cheese...

My overall point is...Maybe if you can't afford to have the latest greatest gear then work with what you do have..meaning scale down and don't try to tackle such a big idea or production,meaning don't try Motion Pictures type stuff less it's Tarintino with your set up and don't be afraid to ask for help,Like me I have literally piles of gear stacked up just waiting for the right person to give it too if need be...just saying we are a Family here that ...and It's nice and great effort but lose the cheese babe !!!

Personally I would of went in clean instead of what I heard on the gits...not to knock ya silly,I'm on your side !!!
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" -Ernest Hemingway
Diki Black

Postby zxyz » Sun May 02, 2010 2:21 am

Thanks Diki. Appreciate the input. We're in the bin w/ this one now. THE CHEESE WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!!
zxyz

Postby Krispy » Mon May 03, 2010 9:44 am

Has there been another version of this posted since I was last here? :|
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Tue May 04, 2010 1:14 am

zxyz

Postby Krispy » Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 am

Okay, I just thought I mighta missed something as it'd gone to 3 pages. :tard:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Tue May 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Yeah, well, I just listened to it for the 1st time in about 2 weeks, and I thinks that it's pretty ok. Not a stellar production, but an ok song, pretty-good. We could spend months on re-do this and re-do that but I ain't gonna, because I don't wanna ..right now..
zxyz

PreviousNext

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)