[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Previous history again

Previous history again

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: Previous history again

Postby HUD » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm

I actually came across this tune on my hard drive. In giving a listen, I decided this thread deserved a bump, in that I just really freakin love this tune. The Duck really made the sweetest lushest, yummiest orchestral throwback to the standards tunes right here - and the singing is also fabulosimo, like, mmmmmmuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, you know?
Onliest thing would be what I said previously about the ending solo.
But this one deserved a bump so we could all give it another listen.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby pharquartt » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:54 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:56 am

That was beautiful K.

Nice that the oldies are not forgotten. Here another one done well from a young man with Burt B.
One of my oldies faves ..:

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby HUD » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:22 pm

HUD

Postby Krispy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 am

Krispy

Postby Steve Ison » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Woh its such a fabulously written song...The songs crafted with such skill and loving attention to detail in chords/melody and lyric to fit snugly with those old blues/jazz standards...Infact so good it is,i kinda thought it must be a standard but google gave no answers there (apart from Jay-Z-and i KNOW its not him) so i guess you wrote it Pharquatt...Frikkin' excellent..

I love your performance Kim..You've got such a natural easy voice to listen to-that (like really good pop voices) can kinda genre hop and sound comfortable singing..well just about anything..
The big orchestral strings i really like-and they sound uncannily real...All the orchestral arrangements are great infact..but this song deserves better than those nasty synthy trumpets here..They're cheezin' the track out when it should be nightclub atmospheric..
Its crying out for (and deserves) real ones..
I guess i'd personaly like a little more 'edge' in the sound..Even a little lofi 40s/50s reality would be really cool and totally fitting here-but that just me i guess..I'm nitpicking tho
Such an excellent song...
Alot of great music i've been reviewing here recently...Really cool 8-)
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby HUD » Wed May 20, 2015 8:19 pm

bump

So that's two bumps from me for this one.

Still the loveliest thing ever.
HUD

Postby Krispy » Thu May 21, 2015 6:39 am

:mrgreen:

The ol' boy is right up there with Jay on the relentless whip-cracking, though Pharq didn't quite crush my soul. Of course he knew if I thing's worth doing, it's worth doing more better.
Krispy

Previous

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)