[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - I'm Just an...

I'm Just an...

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

I'm Just an...

Postby Krispy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:40 am

Those who don't frequent the iCollab forum won't know that this tune is an online collaboration featuring 10 members of this forum.
It was assembled in just over two weeks during January 2010 after the basic sketch was written by Krispy and cjdenecia, with a little help from Shankarji.
Instrumental contributions were composed by those who played them.

Cast list:

Drums – Krispy
Bass – Hoss and Hud
Electric guitars – Shankarji, Charvie, Zee (Zxyz)
Acoustic guitar – Hud
Grand piano/keyboards - Steve Soucy
'Atmosphere', bell & ebow – Shankarji
Humming & droning – Hoss and Peeve
Horns (Sax, trumpet, trombone) – Hoss
Lead vocals – Peeve, Hud, cjdenecia, Krispy, Steban
Other vocals – cjdenecia, Peeve, Krispy, Steban, Hud, Shankarji, Hoss

('3rdEar is queer' appears courtesy of Archbishop Hudelson © 2010)

"I'm Just an..." was arranged by Krispy and produced in the Gosport Hit Factory by cjdenecia.

Audio_Refugees_All_Star_Band_I'm_Just_a.mp3
(9.13 MiB) Downloaded 1045 times
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Re: I'm Just an...

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey, nicely done, gang! It's so interesting to hear the transformation of this tune from the little ditty Kim started with into this epic opus. Just one point of criticism: in verse 2, Hud needs to emote more.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby Diki Black » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 am

It's ok on the outside looking in but awesome looking the other way and knowing what all you crazy lung eaters are singing about !

Om Shanti Shanti did make me spit out a gulp;so you know.

Ya did ok nothing mind or ear bending to me in retrospect my hands are numb from applauding ya'lls effort's.
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" -Ernest Hemingway
Diki Black

Postby Greenfleamusic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Spirit of play. This song has arms that wrap around me. I'm new so i'm a bit undeserving of such affection. But i'll happily take it when I can get it. Tip of the hat!
The world is in pain. The comforts of home are merely an anesthetic.
Greenfleamusic

Postby stephen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 pm

If this was to be the poster song for the site, I would say NO.

But, the performances and the music itself is REALLY F'n GOOD guys and gals. I really love the ambience most of the music extrudes.

The vocals aren't cutting edge enough to really grab somebody that doesn't know any of you (us). The lyrics are cheese, but I appreciate and actually do feel the novelty of it.

My favorite sections were the Shanti sections. I felt more there than the rest of the song.

Again, though, REALLY F'n GOOD guys and gals musically and arrangement wise.

Recording is good. Sounds a tad bit dated, but again, knowing what I know, it fits for this crowd in a good way.

You guys never cease to amaze me.
I close my eyes and I feel the fear.
stephen

Postby Krispy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 am

Krispy

Postby windowman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey guys & girls-

This sounds really good. The sound textures work very well together & I'm digging the chord changes & melody.

Nice job on the drums Kim.

This sounds more organized in general than the Petty song. Sounds like some planning went into this.

Love the ELP synth vibes Steve.

Oh, catchy damn song too.

Bravo!

Wade
It's not that I don't like you dear, but I prefer women that wear their asses in the back.
windowman

Postby jaymz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:42 am

wow...

this is interesting..

you all have some widely different ideas of how this song should go.. and it's actually really neat to listen to.

The chorus is actually kind of catchy.

ah, the best part is the bridge... ominous.

only complaint is that everything is competing for space.. everything is the lead.. but honsetly, i can imagine this to be a bitch to mix.

you could probably clear alot of the crap out by muting CJ. :lol:

I'll actually have an addition here in a second for you all.. you will like it.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Nosemint » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 pm

The track has a real 80s power ballad feel to it, but it's way better than that "we are the world" shit...It's pretty catchy and I like the assortment of instruments alot, kinda has a world feel to it...It's well constructed and flows really nicely...Overall a great theme song for this site, I'd like to hear more like it.
Nosemint

Postby Krispy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:56 am

Krispy

Postby Diki Black » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 am

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" -Ernest Hemingway
Diki Black

Postby Krispy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:45 am

FUN!!! :lol:

What else do you say to this?
:thumb:
Mark Kaufman

Postby Steve Ison » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:32 am

...I guess this is just too 80s pop in style n sound to really float my boat,but i could hear it was generally well-written-and tho its not my taste-the performances were good..The Pat Benatar verse with the hair-metal rythm i didn't like-but the bit after had cool chords.THe 'Why can't they see i'm just hog in the kitchen' ? hookline was really cool and genuinelly memorable..The intro and eastern mid 8 was cool..The lyric/tune bit with the 'rock'n'roll was pretty horrible by contrast...I like the fact there's alot of melodic sections tho...
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby Krispy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Krispy

Next

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)