the Outsider

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: the Outsider

Postby nunani » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 pm

_:..-__:..-___..-..:-:---..-_:::...--__-.-_-.:-:.-_.:-:.-_:.:.-__:.:.-______::..-_-.:-:.-______
---__:.:.-____---.:_--...russian-clones:detected-_:.-__:.-______::.-__:..-__:......-:.
--::.-__::.-..:__-......---:..-___:..-..........::--..-_::.-____::::..---..::-:-:---:..-__::.-__::..-..
::::..-_-.:-:..-___-.--...deploy-mirror.deflectors--..:-..-__:..-.........::_:.:.-__::..-..__:...
---:..-__::....--:::.-_-..:-:-..-___:::::.:___:.---..:-::---..-__:.:.:...---_::..-__-_-..::----:__:.
losing signal...-.::_signal amps ready to engage.-:__
nunani

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Ha ha! Bet you didn't expect a review 7 years later.... assuming you are still around!

Yes, I too can hear a Christopher Cross, Randy Wanwarmer, Dean Friedman, Carpenters influence.

It kind of fits onto the 70's middle of the road style that was around, sandwiched between Glam Rock and Soul!

A nice, not overdone production, predominantly piano based, and tastefully done. I liked the vocals, as they were crystal clear and I was able to pick out every sung word. Maybe not the bast voice that I have heard, but very listenable to!

If this was on the BRS I would have been tempted to slot it into the Soundtrack category, as I can hear this track as part of a film score.

Tastefully mixed, and if you are still around how about doing some blind reviews to kick-start this site again?
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:41 pm

nunani wrote:_:..-__:..-___..-..:-:---..-_:::...--__-.-_-.:-:.-_.:-:.-_:.:.-__:.:.-______::..-_-.:-:.-______
---__:.:.-____---.:_--...russian-clones:detected-_:.-__:.-______::.-__:..-__:......-:.
--::.-__::.-..:__-......---:..-___:..-..........::--..-_::.-____::::..---..::-:-:---:..-__::.-__::..-..
::::..-_-.:-:..-___-.--...deploy-mirror.deflectors--..:-..-__:..-.........::_:.:.-__::..-..__:...
---:..-__::....--:::.-_-..:-:-..-___:::::.:___:.---..:-::---..-__:.:.:...---_::..-__-_-..::----:__:.

Hey, are you going to pay us another visit soon?
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Previous

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)