[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Just thought you might want to know that

Just thought you might want to know that

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Just thought you might want to know that

Postby ptalbot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:38 am

ptalbot

Re: Just thought you might want to know that

Postby HUD » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:15 pm

It's great that you've shown up here and have dived right into the process.
I've checked out a couple of your tunes. Quality stuff, for sure.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Lengthy introductions are good, especially after things bein' so quiet around these parts. Also good that you confessed to being over 30. :eek:

I am currently the only Brit on site although we used to have a few more, and I can speak a bit of the old Francais and understand some when they are not speakingtooquicklyforme.
Your English is aleady better than everybody on Tumblr.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ptalbot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:43 pm

ptalbot

Postby ptalbot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:44 pm

ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:16 am

thanks for all that pat. background is always important when we're dealing with opinions and that's what the site is all about ... and frequently our music says all that needs to be said but sometimes it doesn't.

I once joined a forum and jumped in with my style of reviewing and got jumped on big time cus I hadn't showed them what music I'd been a part of and they only had my opinions to try to gauge my cred. even tho I was always right. telling them where I'd come from didn't seem relevant at the time cus they were all a bunch of pretentious pricks and it wouldn't have mattered, as I found out as soon as they heard one vocal line from me or 15 seconds of one of my productions but I trust that we here are a lot more non judgmental and we have far more open minds.

but ....

I think that maybe some or all of us long timers should probably pipe in here with some of our own stories so new people can reference us more accurately as well. I'll do that as soon as I find a few minutes.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:35 am

Well I know that in RR, it's the first thing that people do. It's not a requirement as such, but it's well perceived, and I know that I, for one, along with a few other members always take the time to greet new members, and appreciate that they give us some background of who they are and why they came... Helps put a virtual 'face' on a pseudo if you will...

Another rule that makes some sense there that might be considered here (one way or another) is that you cannot post a song for review unless you have at least 15 posts yourself... The posts can be anything and you can participate on any thread but it will be strongly pointed to you that if you want your songs to be reviewed you should start by reviewing a few yourself... once again most members will help pointing the new people in the right direction.
ptalbot

Postby Krispy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 am

There is the 'bio' box in your Audiopolis member profile but a lot of people don't write anything at all/serious there.

I certainly wouldn't do a detailed history like yours (above) Pat because I'm quite boring. :mrgreen: But in the interests of the site I'll say I'm at the woman time of life where I've been lying about my age for about five years, I live on the south coast of England with *hubby* and my two teenaged boys.
Loved to sing when I was young but didn't realise I was okay until someone told me. Sung along to my dad's jazz records; Ella Fitzgerald etc. I originate from London, formed a band with some friends there after I left home at 19 and have been in bands on and off - mostly on - ever since. Three, including the current, covers bands. I can't play any instruments and have no technical knowledge, I do everything by ear and instinct. But I do hang around with musicians, so that's okay.
Got into the recording thing big-time in 2005 when was involved in a project and wanted opinions about what we were trying. Got involved in Garageband.com and met all these people (including that blue guy - CJ) and started doing collabs, which suits me because of real-life demands.
Am also an artist (painter) and generally creative, and like many people have a dull part-time job to pay the bills.

My most interesting story is about meeting the Blue Guy. :eek:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ptalbot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks for the bio, Krispy! I think it's nice to know a little bit about the people behind the pseudo...
Personally I like to think that not introducing oneself on a forum is a bit like crashing a party, it can be fun, but the people already in will have all the reasons to be suspicious.
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:22 am

just so people know ... for many years, I was blue. online. never to be seen as anything but blue ...
cjd2003blueface.jpg
cjd2003blueface.jpg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 3931 times

I removed the blue when I remarried and moved to the UK.

which was also roughly the time when I grew the badger beard.

and it's interesting that you have adopted a frog as your user pic. we had another pat once ... aka noz who used the frog ...Image
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:00 am

Thanks for explaining the blue, cj.

As to the frog, well, being in the UK, you should know that French people are seen as frogs lovers, so I'm embracing that and it's just a silly picture that I like.
ptalbot

Postby nunani » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 pm

hey Ptalbot, your introducing was very cool. So much , that now I wanted to make mine

I am detecting a BLUE libido with FROG and all these things...

please don´t forget that a frog if is blue is pure poison..

losing signal...-.::_signal amps ready to engage.-:__
nunani

Postby ptalbot » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

No idea what you're talking about but I'll keep that in mind...
ptalbot

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Patrick,

I really enjoyed reading about your musical background, and found it fascinating, especially how you set up your home recording apparatus, etc. It's something I've never done! All Frontliners recordings are done in a studio, the most recent being Untapped Talent, Southampton, UK. Yes, another Brit on the site!

I took up playing Bass, etc, once my left ankle packed up for the final time just after my 40th! That meant that I had to quit playing Rugby Union, and the indie musician lifestyle filled the void quite nicely. I've dabbled with a few bands since then, but the Frontliners has been my bay alongside the other three members of the band. I can play a handful of chords on acoustic, but to a very lousy standard!

Reviews? Minetend to stutter along, but like yourself and others, I am a great believer in using this site to it's full potential, and that now includes submitting posts!

Keep on rockin'

Ailwyn
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby HUD » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:51 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Next

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!