[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Logged onto the forum, but not really there...

Logged onto the forum, but not really there...

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

Logged onto the forum, but not really there...

Postby Peevette » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Its time for me to ask the techno geeks a question.

I've had enough of folks contacting me asking me if I'm okay. It appears it that I am logged in the forums yet technically I'm not really here. Thus, it appears that I'm on line and random times of the day or night. For example...4 am, when in reality I'm snoozing away cutting some z's.

There is some concern that perhaps someone has my password and is logging on as me, but I don't see this as being very likely, since I've changed my password often.

My question is this: is there a phenomenon with the forums that would keep me logged on even though I'm not 'really' here??

I'd like to know before I change my password, yet again!!!

Thank you advance for your response.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Re: Logged onto the forum, but not really there...

Postby mistertroll » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:51 pm

I have the opposite problem. I don't log out when I'm not here, but the auto log-in doesn't keep me logged in or automatically log me in when I come back.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:22 pm

I have the same problem as Troll. I think it's something to do with cookies. I think a chocolate chip one dropped down into my computer and melted.
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby jaymz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:13 am

clear all your cookies and start over.

Also, note what domain you are accessing things from.. one of the reasons I wanted to kill audiorefugees.com
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby mistertroll » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:30 am

actually, it's 4:30 in the morning there in maine and you are online right now peeve. and I just checked the IP address you have logged on with and it is PI, maine - RR provider and what is probably your OS.

telling me, it's likely that either someone in your house is logged on to your account right now, while you are sleeping - or somehow, your computer is doing it or maybe, somebody in your neighborhood has piggy backed on your wifi and yes, knows you've changed your PW and is online with it.

maybe gregg, jaymz, jay - etc might know of some sort of "shadow" that is causing it but why only with your account?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:00 am

Peevette

Postby slywitt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:14 am

Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina
slywitt

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 am

do you leave your computer on and connected to the iNet all night peeve?

you were online last night at 4AM your time from your IP . with your OS apparent.

in fact, it happens more often than not these days.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby pharquartt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:18 am

i'vs noticed (and mentioned) this phenomena for almost a year. peeve will confirm that i spoke to her about it way back when.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Peevette » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

Peevette

Postby Peevette » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:18 am

Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Liquidirt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Just a quick question on this Peeve, do you use a smart phone and go on this forum?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer."
Liquidirt

Postby Peevette » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 am

Peevette

Next

Return to Tech Tools & Advice