[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Please help! Getting unwanted MySpace friends without any a

Please help! Getting unwanted MySpace friends without any a

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

Please help! Getting unwanted MySpace friends without any a

Postby Stevo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 am

Hey gang. I feel like a tard asking a question about MySpace. I know its relevance as a website is nearly over, but we still have a band profile that I don't want to abandon quite yet.

However for the last few months, perhaps since a redesign/relaunch, we've been getting a bunch of people adding themselves as Friends, but we're not getting any chance to Approve them first.

Has it always been that way and I'm just losing my mind, or aren't you supposed to get a notification allowing you to Approve or Deny Friend requests?

The approval function is turned on and working for Comments, but I've been through every page of settings (security, profile, etc.) at least twice and I can't find any place where I can turn Approval on or off for Friend requests.

If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I'd sure appreciate it!
Stevo

Re: Please help! Getting unwanted MySpace friends without a

Postby Krispy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:35 am

I'm much more interested a competition to fill in the rest of the "a" word.

I'm going with 'arse pictures'.

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Steve Soucy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:04 pm

I would leave a message on your Mysapce profile telling everyone and anyone where you prefer to interact with them.

Come to my Facebook Page, or my Stevo blog
.... will do much better for gathering new friends and fans that bothering with Myspace anymore.

Of course that's just my opinion... but my new career is in exactly this field.

Time spent on Myspace is generating limited results. You want new friends, fans or sales. Myspace doesn't do that nearly as well as a Facebook band page would, or especially a blog about your band.

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby zxyz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:33 am

I thought facebook and myspace merged and were the same thing now called my{___} or some sh*t .. :tard:

Yeah, Kim I'll go with the "a" word as being asswipes
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Stevo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 am

Thanks for the uh, help there folks...

I guess I didn't pose my question well or no one who knows the answer (or cares :oops: )

I'm not trying to get Friends on MySpace, and I know the site is a wasteland. But people are Friending us without requiring any approval by us.

Is it broken? Or is there a setting for that somewhere that I can't find?

Does FB or any social network ever allow that to happen?

It is really annoying because our Friends list used to be mostly people & bands that we actually knew and now it's being overrun by complete strangers (mostly hip-hop dudes) that obviously are not fans of our music, and I can't stop it.

"Help, I need somebody!" :cry:
Stevo

Postby Krispy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:59 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 am

I can't even be bothered to delete all the grossly reformatted pages of various bands on the space. they'll be gone soon enough cus that's what happens to whatever the partovis get into regarding indie music.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Tech Tools & Advice