[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Video tape to digital conversion

Video tape to digital conversion

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

Video tape to digital conversion

Postby mistertroll » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:40 am

I have an old videotape of a tattoo documentary that used one of my tunes as theme music. I've completely forgotten how to play the tune. I need to convert the video tape to a digital format. Everything I'm finding on Google seems really complicated. Anybody have any knowledge or abilities in this area? I'd snail mail or FedEx you the tape if you could work the magic...
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Re: Video tape to digital conversion

Postby Stevo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:36 am

I've use these guys before and they did a good job:

Prices are geared toward bulk stuff, but it looks like you can get a single VHS converted to DVD for about $15.

(I used to have a video capture card installed in my computer but not any more.)
Stevo

Re: Video tape to digital conversion

Postby Steve Soucy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:51 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Return to Tech Tools & Advice