[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Browsers and Protection

Browsers and Protection

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

Browsers and Protection

Postby mistertroll » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 am

I use the latest version of Firefox (automatic updates), and it mostly works very well. I have it set so that I never see any ads unless I seek them out. It's generally pretty quick, and good about asking me if I want to do something it thinks might be dangerous to my machine.

If I use IE, I feel like I'm visiting my hillbilly cousins (I'm only 3 generations away from them and have been to visit).

I've tried Chrome and Opera, and didn't see any features that got me excited.

I also use Avira Free AntiVirus, Malwarebytes.org, and Spybot Search and Destroy. All recommended to me by a guy who gets paid to hang around and goof off until something goes wrong, then pushes some buttons on the keyboard and makes it go away.

What are you using?
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Re: Browsers and Protection

Postby pharquartt » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 am

i've had very good success with Firefox. IE sucks bigtime.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:05 am

I'm using a version of Firefox that at least two clever (and good-looking) people have told me needs upgrading.
I have to use IE for some financial stuff though, 'cos it doesn't work properly with FF.

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Chrome with the paid version of Malwarebytes along with the free version of AVG. No issues anymore. It's that paid version of Malwarebytes that keeps me happy...since it works in real-time, it let's me know whenever I nearly got screwed over with a click on a normally safe site...which is more often than I used to believe.
Mark Kaufman

Postby Peevette » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm using Safari on my Mac and IE on my laptop.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Return to Tech Tools & Advice