[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - pop-ups

pop-ups

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

pop-ups

Postby mistertroll » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:32 pm

I have a whole assortment of pop-up blockers on my PC, but suddenly, I'm getting a plethora of pop-ups. I've updated and scanned 'til I'm blue in the face, and still getting pop-ups. What I've got...

Google and Yahoo toolbars

Spybot Search and Destroy

Avira

Windows Defender

Spyware Blaster

Super AntiSpy Free Edition
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Re: pop-ups

Postby shankarji » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 pm

dunno mate...I use AVG anti-virus, which includes pop-up blockers etc and I very rarely get pop-ups...if I do it always asks me if I want to allow the pop-up. Touch wood I never seem to get problems with viruses, malware and spyware etc...I paid about $30 for two years cover and I reckon it's money well spent.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Steve Soucy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:29 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby Stevo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:52 pm

What browser are you using? If it's IE, make sure the pop-up blocker is turned on in the settings:

Tools | Internet Options | Privacy
Last edited by Stevo on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevo

Postby mistertroll » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Steve Soucy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 pm

ps - I really liked your singing. Don't know if that was clear from my last message.

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby pharquartt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 pm

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:19 pm

AVG, free version. :thumb:
Mark Kaufman