[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Something I really hate

Something I really hate

Nicey-nice talk is here.

Something I really hate

Postby Chris K. » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:32 am

I hate it when shows draw so low that bands walk out with almost nothing. One of my best friend's country band played the room I book tonight. We pay 100% of the door plus a $50 food/beverage credit. The paid count was 30 (x $5).

Last week my old bass player's band drove 2 hours to the club to play a show ... and it drew zero paid. We had had a storm the night before ... it was dry out ... but cold ... this was a two band bill and the other band didn't draw anyone in either.

More and more I see this (yes, cj, I know it's Colorado LOL) here. How are the shows in the areas you all live in?

What's the music scene like in your area? What size venues do you have? What kind of stuff comes thru? What's the small festival circuit like?

cj? what's up in England brother? What's the scene like over there?
Chris K.

Return to General Discussion