Status of Electron-X

Podcast Shows

Status of Electron-X

Postby Stevo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Hey Patric - I'm curious about the status of your Electron-X podcast. It is permanently dead or just on an extended hiatus?

:?:

http://www.nephilim.nl/patrictk/index.html
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
Stevo

Re: Status of Electron-X

Postby pbakkenist » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:51 pm

In the way/format i did it, the podcast will not return. It's impossible to maintain it because of permissions and artists/labels replying weeks after my request, if at all. Another reason is that i've lost interest in podcasting over time and chose to explore other paths in life. Everything takes time and the question is if one is satisfied with the achieved result. Also, Gcast never implemented detailed statistics, so podcasters cannot adjust their format according to (correct) numbers. The only number you get is the amount of hits. Is this number representing the people who have pressed the play button or does it represent page hits?? If people pressed the play button, then how long did they listen? If it represents page hits this number is not reliable at all. That, and the fact that you are the first person who's asking about the show since Christmas last year i think i can confidently say that it's a lost course. Right now i'm not looking for more work or questions. I prefer answers instead of dwelling in the fog.
Don't make love in the garden. Love is blind, the neighbours are not..
pbakkenist

Postby Stevo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, but I certainly understand. Kudos to you for all the work you put into it, thanklessly helping the indie cause, and for producing such a high quality show. The music you found for it was often great and always interersting, but I think what I miss most is hearing your voice. You have such a great "radio" voice :)

Guess I'll have to settle for revisiting the 23 episodes from time to time...

Cheers,
-Stevo
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
Stevo

Postby stephen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:38 am

pbakkenist wrote:In the way/format i did it, the podcast will not return. It's impossible to maintain it because of permissions and artists/labels replying weeks after my request, if at all. Another reason is that i've lost interest in podcasting over time and chose to explore other paths in life. Everything takes time and the question is if one is satisfied with the achieved result. Also, Gcast never implemented detailed statistics, so podcasters cannot adjust their format according to (correct) numbers. The only number you get is the amount of hits. Is this number representing the people who have pressed the play button or does it represent page hits?? If people pressed the play button, then how long did they listen? If it represents page hits this number is not reliable at all. That, and the fact that you are the first person who's asking about the show since Christmas last year i think i can confidently say that it's a lost course. Right now i'm not looking for more work or questions. I prefer answers instead of dwelling in the fog.

Ya know homeboy, a simple relaunch after Audiopolis is kickin' wouldn't be too tough. A simple, click "yes" to have your music added to the Electron-X show would suffice. No hassle on your part man. Weeded out for review. I miss the show man. You had a very eclectic gig.

Shame you gave it up. You do an excellent job Patric. You really do.
I close my eyes and I feel the fear.
stephen

Postby nunani » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:00 pm

I want to know more about ELECTRON-X device...
losing signal...-.::_signal amps ready to engage.-:__
nunani

Return to Attack of the Pod People!