[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - almost the same/the life online

almost the same/the life online

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

almost the same/the life online

Postby steban » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:18 am

almost the same-005.mp3
or the life online
(8.02 MiB) Downloaded 104 times

I'm moving quickly toward the life online instead of almost the same as the title of this WIP. Less generic.

I borrowed melody from an old instrumental song and wrote new lyrics yesterday and added some reggae drums, and it is starting to sound like a song.

Anybody bored, looking to sing any harmony? Anything?

almost the same/the life online by Steve Bancroft

V1
almost the same
rules of the game
a similar name
but it’s not me

V2
ain’t it a shame echo
a moth to a flame echo
diverting my aim
it’s hard to see

V3,4
Moody Blues Chorus on Instrumental Verses

V5
making a claim PF Chorus
for fortune and fame PF Chorus
nobody came
they don’t know me

V6
I want you to feel PF Chorus
almost the same PF Chorus
my heart is a steal PF Chorus
and I am to blame PF Chorus

V7
reach out, reach out!
try to touch a ghost
nothing there to feel
try to make the most of it

V8
reach up, reach up!
try to touch a cloud
no one there to hear you
laugh or cry out loud

V9
almost the same
rules of the game
a similar name
but it’s not me

V10
ain’t it a shame PF Chorus
a moth to a flame
diverting my aim
it’s hard to see PF Chorus

V11
is anyone there?
I hope you’re doing fine
my virtual or real
friendships in the life online

V12
virtual or real
almost the same
I just want to feel
in the life online
steban

Re: almost the same/the life online

Postby steban » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:34 am

This arrangement is 30 seconds longer as it uses the outro as the intro, Probity's idea. I think it does help decode the verses to follow, which are rather vague, suggesting what you are supposed to figure out. And the ironic Matrix part is Probity's new song, which he just uploaded here and I just heard for the first time, is called Virtual Reality. It does not sound like this song at all, lyrics all different, but in its own way is about virtual vs real lives, and the use of the same words, virtual and real is truly coincidental. Unreal even!

Anyhow, this has a harmony vocal line I added today, to give you an idea of what I was imagining. I love the ReaFIR tool to remove noise/hiss and stretch markers in Reaper!

It is always fun to contribute another song next to no one will hear to the world on the web. I haven't played much this year, but now I am feeling like I might be inspired again soon, like this was just a warmup.
Attachments
the life online-008.mp3
updated mix with some harmony vocals
(8.99 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
steban

Return to iCollab