[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Topical Storm and The Mock Up Song of Drums On Desperation

Topical Storm and The Mock Up Song of Drums On Desperation

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Topical Storm and The Mock Up Song of Drums On Desperation

Postby steban » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:22 pm

All this collaborating inspired me to write this song about us and the forums.

I have a basic mix that sounds pretty clean to me with synth guitars, bass (Probity) and drums. My initial vocal track is a bit shaky and noisy, and I am in the process of redoing it.

No matter, if anybody else has anything else they would like to contribute, even if just criticism, I am all for it.

However, I have also provided an Experimental Comedy version as well, which if you have ever gotten drum loops from Drums on Demand you might appreciate. It's sort of an inside joke, I suppose. It happens to include my initial vocal line as well as the voiceover by Probity.

I personally am concerned it may sound too similar to another song, so please let me know if you recognize it.

topicalstorm1 with bass.mp3
(6.35 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

mock up song.mp3
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 123 times

Topical Storm by Steve Bancroft

Once we had opinions
that moved the minds of men
and we would often alternately win

you would always take your side
and so it would begin
fading into age old arguments

at times the tempers rose too high
as we'd attempt to kiss the sky
you'll never know until you try
and fill your soul with newfound sentiments

there's no center of calm in this topical storm
just a steady onslaught amplified
by gusts of gale force winds

perhaps that was enough
to be the big bad wolf
to huff and puff and blow down the house
we built together once as friends

completely down to the ground
with unheard words and songs to show for it now
like trees falling in the forest making sounds

perhaps for some it seemed too long
and patience wore too thin
if that's the way it was for them
then that's the way it had to be
there's no reason to pretend

yet still I miss the pitiful howl
and the overly ominous growl
how we oftentimes cried foul
whining way too long and loud
to the bitter end

there's no center of calm in this topical storm
just a steady onslaught amplified
by gusts of gale force winds

Once we had opinions

and so it would begin

how we oftentimes cried foul
whining way too long and loud
to the bitter end
steban

Re: Topical Storm and The Mock Up Song of Drums On Desperati

Postby steban » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:34 am

So here is a new mix with a new vocal track. It is a loud mix, but I think it was needed. I'm thinking the vocals might be a tad too low.

I upped the bass and vocals. Reaper is working so well today.

I have this idea of harmony vocals similar to what I had on agent of chaos, very seriously emotionally prog. My first vocal line is rather simple and yet not totally meandering, so it feels like there's room for more voices. I'm not in a big hurry.

To me it is rapidly solidifying into a pretty song.

topical storm-bassvox-004.mp3
(8.41 MiB) Downloaded 139 times

Here are the final lyrics-

Topical Storm by Steve Bancroft

Once we had opinions

and so it would begin

at times the tempers rose too high
as we'd attempt to kiss the sky