[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:52 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:09 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:45 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby ingolee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:01 am

ingolee

Postby steban » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:43 am

It is certainly a dynamically correct mix, ceej, and with a collab like this so hard not to end up with a wall of sound. I'm not sure it is the best mix possible, but it is really respectable.

As a song I find it enjoyably clever, a very funny-sentimental take on our site. Well, it did not get them back, but some might eventually realize they were missed. This is the undocumented feature, these collabs, perhaps more important than the BRS in the long run.

And like z said, next time...
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby HUD » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:13 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby steban » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:08 pm

I have no suggestions, because it sounds excellent, ceej.

But being the total nonexpert I am, if I heard a different version I might like it better.

I'm surprised at how many masters there are on all music, even old Floyd and Beatles. Apparently, the mixers of any time do it their way, and seems to me you get sort of softer mixes, and sometimes one sounds better for a song than another.
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:14 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:32 am

The mix doesn't have any bottom end; everything is nice and clear but it has no balls.

Also,
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:23 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:54 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:28 pm

Don't confuse mud with balls. Balls to me means full but controlled low end, and plenty of dynamics.

Whatever lives between 300 and 500hz is often bad sounding.
Try to overtly boost any tracks in that region and you will hear it.

50 to 200hz is where the bass really lives... below that, it's subs and most systems won't be able to play it correctly anyway, so if you overcook it under there, speakers of all sorts will have trouble with it, resulting in distortion (the bad kind) and headroom loss.

Your mix might also be too bright... once again your drums room seems to be the main culprit IMHO.
Tame that room sound and you'll get a better overall balance.
ptalbot

Postby ingolee » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:32 pm

ingolee

Postby zxyz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:09 pm

can we hear just the cheek slap track by itself? Is it in stereo? (left cheek, right cheek) we are talking face here, right?
zxyz

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab