[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Postby steban » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:43 pm

I should be working, but I picked up my 5 string open tuned guitar and started noodling, and it was sounding very Zeppelineque.

And it occurred to me we all need to do a new song for our spiritual wellbeing really badly.

And it has to have strong Zep overtones, not the Stairway epic pop rock but the moodiest middle easterny stuff, more like What Is And What Should Never Be breaking into epic melanc-holiness, capturing the dark cloud we sense on our horizon, evoking the pain cj felt in his heart of hearts when he wrote the first post in "So then..."....

And this one we should let LZ Denecia himself take the lead vocals, and as for lyrics and melody and arrangement, let's make it perfect- eloquent, good/bad times with that glimmer of hope in the known knowns and known unknowns and unknown unknowns that altogether comprise the actual future. Let it joyfully reminisce and slip into langorous stagnation into stiff upper lip tough get goingness into WTF resignation into religious revivalism sort of thing.

It should reflect the reactions in the thread, after all, it says it all. We need to enlist everyone still here, we truly have some fine musical talent, and we need to show it without overdoing it. Indeed, it might be we need to do a trilogy of songs to get it all down, but our souls are at stake this time, our salvation is on the line perhaps, and even if we manage to avert immediate disaster we need, we need, this moment of expression, this seed of inspiration if only to take with us on separate paths...

This, you see, is the lyrical style we all strive for, the angst of any life, the ups and downs, the hopes, fears, anger and disappointments and beauty and art that arises inspite of it all, the story we all individually, often secretly, brought with us here, and the collective sense of it all which makes us a community, not just a website for indie musicians.

Let us reach out, unburn bridges if we can, offer the olive branches and nonjudgment as best we can, and see what happens.

And for a mere $1 a second you can be up front on the recording!
steban

Re: We need a new Audio Refugees collab bad!

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:41 am

Surely you mean we need a new Audio Refugees collab badly?
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby steban » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:33 pm

I like to dangle the occasional participle and get faux colloquial from time time, call it poetic license of everyday conversation, Kimmers. Sometimes I don't need no doctor, even when I don't.
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:14 pm

thanks for thinking of me stebs .... and tho I don't disagree that a song would do us good, right now is not a good time for me to get involved in such a project. I have my 11 Pages thing with gregg going on - online. trying to get it down to 11 songs and recorded and released - I may even try to market it. at the same time, I am working a lot with learning a new DAW, REAPER, and I don't do things half way so that sucks up a lot of moments. plus, offline, as kim has announced, we're doing a cover band thing as dual lead singers and it has me whipping my voice in shape and learning song lyrics .... plus the whole audiopolis situation and a number of other demands on my time plus the demands on my head ....

I must respectfully decline at this time.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:43 am

steban

Postby Krispy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:47 am

Krispy

Postby steban » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:54 pm

steban

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 am

I'm up for it, but I neither have the software or $$$$$ !! :rock:
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby Krispy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Probably a good idea to do a collab again. Getting six people to contribute to it will increase its listening audience by 500%.
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:39 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Count me in for Bass.... with CJ's direction!
Ailwyn Rees

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:36 am

well thanks ailwyn but this isn't the sort of overall response that makes me confident any collab will actually take place.

maybe someday again. not happening now. I don't really do projects that go days between communications and it's obvious, nobody has really even seen this sooooooooooo ... again - maybe again someday. but not for now. if the thread ever gathers support and there's some collective response - then we'll talk again but for now, it's done. no collab from this end of things, I rescind my offer.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby HUD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 pm

So I actually have to click the box and type shit for you to know that my services would be readily available to fill whatever breaches as suit my skill set....come on man.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Krispy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:56 pm

It's not like we don't know Hud's always available. As for me, best talk to my agent.

Sometimes you gotta just get the ball rolling and get some shit to stick to it.
Krispy

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Where there's a will, there's a way. Looks like I need IT lessons on how to lay down tracks online!

Onwards and upwards!
Ailwyn Rees

Next

Return to iCollab