[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - New Song!!!!!

New Song!!!!!

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: New Song!!!!!

Postby Krispy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby steban » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm

I apologize, peev, for the dictator word, I was not referring to you. You seem to me to follow other people's leads quite willingly and contribute your own ideas quite openly.

I was just going on about how Kim and cj (as they expressed) often want to have ultimate creative control of a project rather than a more democratic approach.

And Kim, public rejection is my middle name! I completely understand why so many avoid it.
steban

Postby HUD » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am

I've worked on many collabs with many different people. There is always one person who is the 'control' factor. Usually its the person who has to mix fifteen million different files that are recorded on several different systems. What's wrong with working under the specs of the 'producer' so your ending result is something you can be proud of?

I have worked on several tunes with cj and kim. There was never a time that I felt they were dictators. As a matter of fact, I've learned quite a bit from working with them, about music, recording, what I am capable of and my limitations. We've had our disagreements regarding certain mixing issues, but never was I told to shut up!

Hoss listened to Zed's offering in this thread and the first thing he said was, "if your considering working on this, you should ask the man for a re-do of his recording." He listed pretty much the same reasons that cj stated. Hoss informed me it would be a mastering nightmare otherwise.

I don't need to add more. cj pretty much covered everything else that I would have said.

I'm not exactly pleased with the 'snarky' comment either. Its not fair to be labeled because Zed has a thin skin. I did not say anything out of line, nor was I mean and sarcastic.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby pharquartt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:40 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sun May 01, 2011 1:49 am

Ok, I've lost track of what I'm supposed to be speaking up for. (?) What fire? (I don't have much time these days to be spending on the internet.) I guess that I should say that I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, and that I appreciate all that you-all have done for me. Uh, sorry .. I'll be back for the big grand opening .. I guess .. unless I'm banned . . or binned . . pardon me for subscribing . Chastize me if you wish, aint no sweat off my balls. And as far as I can tell, I've only got 2 un-friends, that's U cj, and peeve (for what reason I know not.)
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Peevette » Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby mistertroll » Sun May 01, 2011 3:04 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 am

OK, just for the record, I did the exact same thing over on Kompoz (submitted a pre-recorded song of mine) , a singer liked it, jumped on it, did vox tracks and we had FUN!! Yes, cj,-- FUN!! (You should try it sometime). . And it wasn't all about MY fun, it was all about EVERYBODY'S fun !!!! And WE HAD IT!!!! :thumb:
I'll add the links in a few hours just to prove it . Right here. On this thread. Right Now. Right Here.

PS-OK - I can see everybody's POV on this and yes, I don't have the time to spend (as well as everybody else on this project) and yes , we don't want to spend a lot of time on a song with it ending up sounding like a POS, but, really.. I've put down the guits, the bass the drums and all .. and you want me to re-do it ALL ??? You DO know how much time it takes to record just 1 song , right 2 weekends.. right ? // I mean really .. I cannot ..
zxyz

Postby zxyz » Sun May 08, 2011 3:26 am

zxyz

Postby cjdenecia » Sun May 08, 2011 7:45 am

sorry z, I think for some of us, we've reached the point of apathy saturation. glad you had fun at kompoz or whatever. it's unfortunate that we don't meet your needs here with this sort of thing. but ...

btw, for somebody having so much fun, you sure are a pissy old fart. and I've no need to try YOUR brand of fun, after all - we all are different and I also don't consider shaggin' domestic animals for a tickle.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab