[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - The Next Moment

The Next Moment

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

The Next Moment

Postby Krispy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:25 am

I'm offering this up for collab, not on the scale of I'm Just An... but to anyone who can work with me to make it beautiful. :D
At the moment it's totally a sketch with only drum loops, marker keyboard chords (played by my beginner son so be nice!) and vocals. Lyrically only one verse at present.

NM_draft2.mp3
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 260 times

Although I'm happy with the drums content-wise, someone might be able to program them to make 'em more interesting.
I'd also consider a real drummer if he could keep the feel and wasn't gonna be a dick about it.
Would also like a bass player and ?keyboard player as opposed to four guitarists! :eek:

I'll think about backing vox later but [prima donna] I'm the lead singer and may decide to do all the vocals.[/prima donna]
Probably will proceed on a first come first served basis (if in fact there are any comers) as long as I likey. :D

Regarding what happens next (arrangment wise) I'm open to suggestions for a mid 8/diversion but foresee a return to a perhaps a half-verse and then the double chorus + to end.
If I get any more done I'll post it here.

The tempo is 127 and the chords are:

Verse: A B E G E G B B
Chorus: C D E E
(all major)
Last edited by Krispy on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Re: The Next Moment

Postby Peevette » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 am

Sounds cool....

I'll volunteer up any back up vocals (if the prima donna decides she would like)

:hippy:
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:07 am

Latest: Mr Suedepudding will be honouring me with rhythm section at least. :D
Krispy

Postby steban » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:01 am

Here's a bit of guitar, Kim. Have a harmony vox on move on, too. Just fiddling about!

I like the verse harmony, just a little too complicated at first for me to play. I think I am doing Em though, but it is only when I pluck the fifth string. Otherwise you get the same root notes on my open minor tuning.

newguitsteb-01.mp3
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 225 times
steban

Postby Krispy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 am

That's very interesting Stebs, although I'm having trouble finding exactly where it fits. Does seem to clash somewhat with the guide keys too.
And of course it's completely awash with reverb, 'twouldn't be Stebs otherwise.

I should mention too that our Koff has since accepted the Krispy King's shilling and joins up as guitar man. As we all know he is rather shy.
Krispy

Postby steban » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm

It lined up at the beginning, but it goes on after your part ended.

It has all sorts of effects on the guitar, yes, and it is playing along, not directly on top of. I do add some extra quick chords after the next moment.

No big deal, Kim, Mark is great!
steban

Postby Peevette » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 am

Oh, miss prima......

I'm thinking back up harmony vocals will be really cool for this tune, but it is my humble opinion that the back up vocals should be minimal. I would want the buv's as an accent and compliment, and not take away from the lyrical melody.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:25 am

Krispy

Postby Peevette » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Peevette

Return to iCollab