[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Poem worthy of being used for Lyrics????

Poem worthy of being used for Lyrics????

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Poem worthy of being used for Lyrics????

Postby Peevette » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Wrote this poem;

If anyone feels these words are worthy to be used as lyrics for a tune, be my guest. Do what you want with what I post.

Peace out folks.

Can you say you love me
when you don’t know who I am?
I’m barely visible, you don’t see me.
My spirit yearns for you to understand.

I try to find happiness in misery
I speak in riddles; my thoughts get in the way
Forgetting the words I should have said
Regretting those that can not be taken away

River of pretense flows down stream
I’m not sure I can stop from drowning
Can I pull myself to shore?
Right out of me my will is draining.

It seems I’m the one to compromise
I rip open my heart, exposing what is mine
I need you to tell the truth, I do it for you.
Is it me, is it you? Is it all a waste of time?

Snags swept under the rug, not going away.
How long will they be concealed?
Our hearts are aching, our time is running out.
We do it all over again, its all so surreal.

I don’t hold the crystal ball.
To which demons must I atone?
Open your eyes, come find me
I’m fighting this battle all alone.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Re: Poem worthy of being used for Lyrics????

Postby HUD » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 am

hey them's pretty damn good. Regaluar syllable pattern (meter, even) and rhyme and everything and sounds pretty from-the-heart (everything okay at home??).
I'm kind of a one project at a time kinda guy, but if nobody's claimed 'em when I'm ready I'll take a stab
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Krispy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:43 am

Peevette

Postby Peevette » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:47 am

Peevette

Postby Peevette » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Peevette

Return to iCollab