[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Pedal Steel?

Pedal Steel?

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Pedal Steel?

Postby icararse » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:25 am

Is there a Pedal Steel player in the house?
Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Re: Pedal Steel?

Postby Steve Soucy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:41 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby charvie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 am

Wish I did Icc, i'd love to help ya.

There's gotta be a plugin for it or something out there.
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby Chris K. » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 pm

I know several ... including the guy who plays for me ... all of whom carry some level of national cred. If you've got a track you can ftp or email, one of the guys I know might be willing to lay down parts ... though I'm also sure they are likely to want to charge a fee for doing so. let me know if that might work for you, and I'll ask ...
Chris K.

Postby icararse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby icararse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:48 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby icararse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:49 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:54 pm

I wish like hell I had a pedal steel. But I'm sure that if I got one, I'd soon wish like hell I could play it right.

Don't get too upset, nice monkey, because finding a good pedal steel player is well known as a hard thing to find on other more country-oriented sites. Ain't no way a plug-in will work well enough except as some sort of a low-volume background wash.

I've tried to get around it by bending or using slide on each different string on a guitar over several tracks, and sometimes it will almost do the trick. If you want to consider that approach, you can hear how that works (or not works) on the very beginning moments of each of these two tracks I did awhile ago:

Mark Kaufman

Postby icararse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:24 pm

I play a Reissue '57 Stratocaster for electric and an Alvarez Yairi acoustic. Thanks!
Mark Kaufman

Postby Steve Soucy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:16 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby icararse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby Steve Soucy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:31 pm

How should I introduce you to my steel playing friends?

"here's this guy I kinda know, he's a bit of a monkey, he's looking for some pedal steel."

I wonder how many from your list of people, would reveal themselves if someone was offering to help them find something they were asking for... an internet moniker is not a business name.

A long time ago, I made a Logic 7 mix template just to help you route a submix back to your main mix. I did it because I genuinely wanted to help you. You declined.

It's still waiting patiently here on my desktop...

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby icararse » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:25 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby Krispy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:49 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Next

Return to iCollab