[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - TLRS - The Last Reality Show

TLRS - The Last Reality Show

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

TLRS - The Last Reality Show

Postby steban » Fri May 07, 2010 4:09 am

tlrs3mix3192.mp3
(6.68 MiB) Downloaded 202 times

This is a new performance, much beyond the one chord prelude, has rhythm electric guitar by me, singing by me, and drums by me using my new Jamstix2.

This is the first 5 minutes. I think there is a few more minutes in part 2, which I imagine will be in all major chords, with a minor bridge, and an ending that is a mono major chord like opening but major.

Something like that.

It really needs bass and lead guitar and more vocals and keys.

It's starting to sound kind of alternative 80s rock. Actually I have no idea what to call this, but I like it!
steban

Re: TLRS - The Last Reality Show

Postby steban » Sat May 08, 2010 12:46 am

So here's the lyrics-

TLRS - The Last Reality Show by Steve Bancoft

Chorus 1:
it's the last reality show
the last reality show
when/there's nothing left to know/nowhere else to go
the last reality show/no wisdom to bestow

Verses 1:
thought I was such a fine futurist
now I'm surprised by how much I missed

I always said they'd legalize marijuana
never thought I'd have to move to California

I predicted we'd elect a black president
though I picked Michael Jackson in two thousand

I said someday we'll have universal health care
I guess you could say we are halfway there

but one thing that totally eluded me
was the birth and growth of reality TV

I did not foresee Survivor surviving
much less thriving
like a vampire revival
in a viral upward spiral
spin-offs spinning spin-offs
with real people
and celebrities
competing for prizes
week after week
round after round
of eliminations
and the permutations
abound

Chorus 2:
the last reality show
the last reality show/no wisdom to bestow

Verses 2:
it started out so innocently way back in '48 [somewhere between kinks and floyd]
The Original Amateur Hour
and also Candid Camera
I thought that show was great
This Is Your Life first aired in 1952
is it strange I was born that year to you, too?

from The Gong Show
to Star Search
to American Idol
Cops
Wife Swap
America's Top Model

True Life
Supernanny
Temptation Island
Mr. Personality
Return to Gilligan's Island

X-Factor
Fear Factor
that was truly gross
Mythbusters
Ghosthunters
we'd like to see a ghost!

maybe someday we will see
someone we know on TV
acting stupid on one of those shows
like Jackass or Jerry Springer
or America's Funniest Home Videos

The Batchelor
Joe Millionaire
Rock of Love with Bret Michaels
Beauty and the Geek

Shear Genius
Project Runway
Gordon Ramsay's Nightmare Kitchen

Kell on Earth
He's a Lady
Keepin' Up with the Kardashians

The Anna Nicole Show,
The Ashlee Simpson Show
Girls Behaving Badly
I Survived a Japanese Game Show

The Simple Life
The Surreal Life
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List

The Simple Life 2
The Simple Life: Interns
or perhaps the Life of Ryan

America's Got Talent
Britain's Got Talent
Australia and Canada do, too

How Clean Is Your House?
Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?
do you really want to know the answer?

Rich Girls
The Girl Next Door
Tommy Lee Goes to College

Pants-Off Dance-Off
Dancing with the Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
Nashville Star

The Littlest Groom
The Fattest Groom
My Big Fat Fiance

Real World
Bridezilla
Jon & Kate Plus 8

(end of tlrs part 1)

(below is part 2, to be played in all major chord to contrast with gloomy minors)
(think Zappa)

Verses 3:
Gene Simmons Family Jewels
Hulk Hogan Knows Best

The Osbournes
Date My Mom
I Married a Princess

I've Got a Secret
Beat the Clock
Blind Date
Truth or Consequences

The Dating Game,
The Newlywed Game
The Amazing Race
Scare Tactics

The Weakest Link
Deal or No Deal
Dream Job
The Apprentice

Who Wants to Be a Superhero?
American Choppers
Iron Chef
Top Chef
Cannonball Run 2001
the list goes on and on.....
it's a global phenomenon

Bridge 1:
seems the world's appetite for it
is a bottomless pit
it's a dirty job but now I feel once again
inclined to predict
before the end it's gonna go the gamut
from the unheard to the absurd
so long as it is fully sponsored
soon politics itself will be absorbed
and we'll have

Verses 4:
Who Wants to Be the President?
Presidential Apprentice
Are You Dumber Than a Senator?
First Family

Peace Talking With Oprah: Middle East
Talk Peace: Korea Jerry Springer Style
Militia Madness: Michigan
Capture or Rapture: Are You Ready?

and Google Earth now zooms in
to streetlevel wraparound
until finally cameras everywhere
will capture every sight and sound
in realtime virtual 3-D
we'll be able to see
everyone, everywhere, everything

until oneday there will be
only one interactive show
with everyone on TV all the time
watched and/or watching each other
watching each other watching each other

so no matter where you are
you're an international star
and we'll be living the life of the celebrity
in zero privacy
at least the paparazzi
will be obsolete

until we rediscover
the everpresent off button
or a good book
and let them watch us as we read
let them watch us as we read

Chorus 3:
the last reality show
the last reality show
steban

Re: TLRS - The Last Reality Show

Postby steban » Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 am

So here is a version with some harmony vox over the chorus, and a chorus added at the end.

It also adds a little more ambient guitar.

I think it almost works already!

tlrs3mix5.mp3
(6.98 MiB) Downloaded 208 times

Collabs sure are fun!
steban

Return to iCollab