[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Writing Epimetheus' Diary

Writing Epimetheus' Diary

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: Writing Epimetheus' Diary

Postby Peevette » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 am

Attachments
Epimetheus' Mandolin 2.mp3
(8.48 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:54 am

Epi's sounding pretty good now, just a few things left to do and my final lead to record and we might be Review-ready. :D
Thanks, talented people.
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 am

we done did some stuff ....

here's what we got. 1st look. changes according to input pending.
Attachments
WED_april10mix1MB_eqMASTERwet.mp3
(8.17 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 am

Wow, that's pretty damn good!! :thumb: :thumb:
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby HUD » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:37 am

I look forward to listening when we get back to Michigan tomorrow night...the crap I have here for tryna listen ain't worth the 12 yr download from this hyere weakazz wifi connection.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:45 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:55 am

The mandolin gives this tune a medieval vibe. I really like it!!

When listening on my headphones (must listen on headphones because the treble is way too dominant on my sucky speakers), the mandolin seems to over power in some spots, even with the vocals. May be a bit too strong in the mix?? Charvie, the git part in the instrumental section is really damned good, but like the mandolin, may need to be turned back just a wee bit in the mix...unless you purposefully wanted it to stand out....but its competing with the mandolin in some spots more than my ears would like to hear.

The buv 'ohhhs' in the second verse are a bit stronger in the mix than the other buv's. Not blending as well with the lead as in the rest of the tune. As a matter of fact, the buv's blend so well in most of this tune.....its hard to separate them from the lead. Nice mixing job. :thumb:

Are you completely happy with the drum levels? Cymbal sound is bothering me just a bit.

I'm hearing and feeling the bass;nicely mixed, especially in the instrumental break.

This turned out to be a wicked damned good song!!
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:30 am

Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 pm

cj loves me when I STFU and play something.

Well, this is sounding good, isn't it? Things that struck me are really minor. Krispy, your first verse strikes me as a lot more formal and over-enunciated...less fluid than the scratch demo...I don't know what it is for sure, and as beautiful as you sing it, I would probably have suggested you retake that opening, because I think it's about a cent shy of really nailing it. That said, it still sounds sweet.

You might want to tweak some of the automation of the levels (if that's how you're doing it)...because I agree with Peeve that the mandolin steps on the other stuff here and there, especially the guitar...and I'd notch up the flute on the solo, and especially that last flourish should take the lead at that moment. Is the last flute note a tad flat? Could just be my room...haven't listened through phones.

But that's all I got...sounds great.

Thanks for deleting that bass! :thumb:
Mark Kaufman

Postby HUD » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:18 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 pm

we've heard all of what you've had to say. both here and in the closet. plus - after listening on the morning after, have some critiques of my own to work out.

all of which I'm addressing right now.

FYI, I intend to remove the mastering reverb - or drop it back to a complete hint. take some highs off of charv's lead. bring the ohhh's down a few db. pull koff's mandi down here and there. maybe bring hud's full frequency track on bass up a little ... (yeah, 2 tracks hud, one ultra low - one untouched but massively compressed - all creating what you hear)

as well, for this - I think I cut out too much in the 500K area for the master. and brought up the highs a tad too much. (10k-20K) gonna level it off some. not a massive amount cus the vocals all enjoy that treatment ...

as well - I may bring the flute down here, and up there.

all this should bring charv's acoustic out a smidge more.

and that's about it.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab