[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Build-A-Song #2

Build-A-Song #2

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Build-A-Song #2

Postby jaymz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Can we start over? If so, let me know. I would like to state how I would like things to be done and you all can tell me good idea or bad idea.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Re: Build-A-Song #2

Postby Steve Soucy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:55 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby charvie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby jaymz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

OK so here's my idea.

I don't think you have to start off with a drum track. I think to start I should set up a place where everyone can upload their own tracks.. Maybe a hodgepodge of stuff will start to inspire each of you to pick out a few from each other and start coming up with ideas over the top of each other.

The tracks can be small bits, phrases or an entire song.

I will in turn listen and when we all decide we get an idea rolling we can at that time figure out who needs to submit the first full studio quality track.

Is that just too much freeform to start with?
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Mark Kaufman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I was going to kick out a drum track for #1 this very night when I got home from work, but we've clearly progressed beyond my ability to "referee" and have launched into something else. So: Build-a-Song #1 is failed and cancelled.

Build-a-Song #2 is all yours, bud. Tell us how you'd like to do it, and the only thing I'd suggest is no more than one leader per project.
Mark Kaufman

Postby jaymz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Anyone want to give this a try? I set up a private project. i think this might be a good way to keep all the tracks together.

http://www.kompoz.com

All you need to do is register and then post the username you choose here. I will add you to the project and we can get rolling with further instruction at that time.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Steve Soucy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby pharquartt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:19 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 am

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water; Koff's idea is good. The potential for unpredictability within defined roles really appeals to me, and we shouldn't just abandon it.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:08 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby HUD » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:32 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby jaymz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Who's abandoning anything? Koff's idea was to collaborate on a song with predefined rolls. That is not abandoned.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the instructions. Was it that we should have a drum track submitted first and then go in order? if so, that is still fine.

I certainly don't want this to be confusing.

And Peeve, yes I would prefer the actual files to be outside of this post. Discussion should stay in the forum but the files should be outside and linked back to this forum.

Otherwise in 2 days when this post is 10 pages long and we have one file I wont have to hunt for it.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Mark Kaufman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

This is a new project, you know. Now maybe it wasn't meant to be, but it is...it's all different, it's got new conditions, a new name, and it's got an offsite home. I'll be glad to participate, but this is not the same project...that one was cancelled. So this one needs new groundrules to be set, and ought to be re-cast.

I say let's do a bunch of them, and learn from what just happened to the first attempt.
Mark Kaufman

Postby jaymz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Oh well, that wasn't my intention. My intention was to start with a fresh clean slate with the same rules and less Roxi back and forth. Just hate to continue on the same thread when the first 10 pages were all about the drum track.

This is all very confusing. Koff, if I understand what you are saying, somehow now I've gone from the producer asking for tracks to be a certain way in song #1 to the creator of song #2 where we must start all over on who does what?

That wasn't my intention, sorry about that. I do not wish to start a new project from scratch and become the moderator of said project I do not think.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Mark Kaufman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Then let's learn from this one too.

Like I said, this isn't what I started, and I'm not viewing it as the same project. That one crashed and burned, and I will try to lead one some other day soon.

My suggestion? Someone initiate #3 with clear rules, and start anew. I would, but work is taking me out of the running for a little bit.
Mark Kaufman

Next

Return to iCollab