[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Need a mix

Need a mix

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: Need a mix

Postby shankarji » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 am

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby charvie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 am

Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 am

Last edited by cjdenecia on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing is fun. besides, I have nothing better to do.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 am

Don't wanna stick my big nose in the wrong thread here, but Ji - are you still planning to do the verse 2 backing vocals on "I'm Just An..." - or is that all water under the bridge now?
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby shankarji » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:26 pm

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby shankarji » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 pm

shankarji

Postby shankarji » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:31 pm

shankarji

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Krispy

Postby shankarji » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

shankarji

Postby charvie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

for the 3rd and final time - sorry ji. that's just gonna have to be good enough cus I won't let this situation taint the good time I've had in this project. nor how it turns out.

newsflash tho, the iCollab forum and activity has been starting to take off a bit now after the 2 AR.com collab projects but this is basically a new set of variables ... not every collab is gonna be a group work. some will be just a few people - depending on needs, wants, availability, and a whole lot of other factors.

from this I know I've learned that I'm gonna be totally upfront right here in the forum right away. and you do know for a fact that if I'm handling a project, I'm not incredibly flexible. and after my involvement with the two big AR collabs, I was really looking forward to getting back to a small group ... keeping just 2 or 3 others happy while maintaining my own satisfaction is a nice break to get back to.

hell, I really kinda doubt you wanted to be told what to play and where did you? cus with all the guitar tracks I have from charv (and they're all incredible parts) - that's what it woulda boiled down to. I gotta hand it to kim, she sang exactly the parts I wanted her to sing - exactly the way I wanted her to. and she's not one that really goes for that kinda role too much.

but that's how a lot of these collabs are gonna go. we should get used to it. sometimes people are gonna take on the role of studio musicians if they want in. other times there'll be more creative input needed and/or wanted but in a case like this where charv already had a solid arrangement and all the basic parts in place, once I wrote the lyric and melody, and gregg turned up the heat with his drums - this one was done and dusted for parts.

I think it's pretty important in this process that people don't get bent over misunderstandings in these early days. we'll all get used to seeing how we need to approach various projects. till we get used to it - taking things personally - especially when there is little to no communication between ALL potential participants, is not gonna work out. you don't go without some responsibility on this man - you knew I was mixing and producing but I don't recall a direct communication from you. ??? up until now.

which is not to say there is blame to be had at all .... cus to me, there isn't.

we just learned something. communication. you want somebody - tell 'em. you want in - scream it out loud. you don't wanna do a project (for whatever reason), say so if that's whats called for. some projects will be more popular than others. some will draw certain players and singers and some won't. some will be more sought after than others. both people and songs.

taking any of it personally is against what we do. the same basic idea of honesty in the review forum, must be present here too. without people getting "hurt" by this or that. or getting pissed off for the same.

which - I guess, really requires it's own sticky thread of "what if's" at the top of this forum. if somebody wants to volunteer to be iCollab forum moderator - or if there's nominations for a post like that (somebody that can give advice on what to do, how to approach things, etc), now would be a good time to start thinking about it. I know I'm not gonna do it. I've already got enough to do between here and audiopolis. but suggestions for a "help" mod are in order now.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Krispy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 am

I nominate Peeve too. She's had lots of experience at keeping unruly boys in order. :D
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab