[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Need a mix

Need a mix

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Need a mix

Postby charvie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Could someone mix a tune for me, I just can't hear anymore and it's getting really frustrating for me. I could pay a little bit for someones help.

I'm trying to switch styles a bit and can't figure it out. I could also use a really cool classic style guitar solo and maybe some keys.

Here's the mess i'm working on.
Attachments
Someway.mp3
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Re: Need a mix

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 am

well worth the effort ....
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby windowman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:59 pm

It's not that I don't like you dear, but I prefer women that wear their asses in the back.
windowman

Postby shankarji » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:17 pm

hey charv...I'm not much of a mixer but I love the groove and feel of this tune...so I had a little fun this afternoon jamming with it. It's a bit difficult without knowing if you've got a vocal arrangement...it's got a name so I assume it has...but anyway, I had fun...lemme know if any of it floats your boat...wasn't sure where to solo and what I did was just a one take jam, but it could be developed. :thumb:
Attachments
someway_charv_jijam01.mp3
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 281 times
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby pharquartt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:57 pm

charv,

i nicked this tune as well. be glad to try something on the keys for ya and a mix/master effort too. will need the tracks, of course.

(and ignore all the "slowpoke" catcalls that will come from this offer..... :mad: )
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:26 pm

not that it means much of anything about anything -but I am right now collecting the tracks from charv and will be working on vox as well as doing a mix ... and kim will likely be helping in some way.

I'm not discouraging anyone - just sayin'.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby pharquartt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 pm

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:00 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby charvie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 am

Man, much activity since I checked in this morning, spent the day with the wife and had some fun. I'll give everything a listen shortly and figure what to do and where to do it. Thanks for all the quick responses!!! very cool.
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby charvie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:17 am

well , I gave the guitar work a listen Ji, and I'd love to have you on board. what i'd like to do is see where the vocals go and anyone who wants in,can build upon what Kim and cj do. This is the first non metal tune i've written and I think we could make a really cool tune out of this. All contributions will be appreciated, but I'm not sure all of them will be used. I gave cj dibs on the mixing thing, because I really like the work he's posted here, and he responded first. Once cj gets a good vocal bed, maybe he can post what he thinks is needed, and we can go from there. This is really cool of everyone.

On another note, I have a bunch of non metal ideas I'll post here in the next few days that everyone can jump in on, some will need vocals, some will need bass, some will need keys, and all will need mixing. The ideas are flowing like pooh through a goose!!
charvie

Postby Krispy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:20 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby shankarji » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 am

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby charvie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem myself with it ji, I bought a new drum machine, and when I try to put some new drum tracks down on old songs, the tempo is off a hair. I upgraded from an alesis sr 16 to an alesis sr 18 and I can't figure out why the tempo's are off like that. I'm going to see if there's a way to calibrate it today. Hopefully i'll figure it out. none the less, glad to have you aboard.
charvie

Postby shankarji » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 pm

shankarji

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm

haven't started on the vocals yet .... simply putting together the mix of what is already there .... it's only the first look on my mixing board.

I think really, the sections where the vox are gonna be really should be obvious but maybe not. at any rate, it's gonna be a little while till I have anything recorded.

incidentally, if it were my choice - because of the fact that the guitars are so big in this - I'm not really hearing keys so much, even tho I love a big hammond. might change my attitude later tho ... or upon hearing some ... but I doubt it.
Attachments
someway1stLOOKmix.mp3
(8.51 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Next

Return to iCollab