[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Tune in my head..

Tune in my head..

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: Tune in my head..

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:11 am

Allrieitty then. Thanx cj.
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Peevette » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 am

Timing IS an issue if you want back up vocals on this tune. It really does sounds like what charvie said, like you're cramming words into the song, rather than letting the melody pull the words out.

I really do not feel inspired to throw back up harmony's on the vocal line that is presented here....sorry. I'd have to really struggle with the timing of the lyrics and it just wouldn't blend well, imho.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby steban » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 am

Attachments
montcoalzsmix-07swav.mp3
(8.04 MiB) Downloaded 201 times
steban

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:39 am

OK, I now can see (after reading the last 3 pages) where this went downhill. Stebs, your lyrics are good, but the reverb joke (in the coalmine) was not. Yes I agree. Probably not intentional on your part. You might have toddies (like I do in the evening and say stupid things.) Overall I think that your vocal line is great, allthough in all seriousness, please cut back the 'verb some, the joke was funny at 1st but in light of recent events , not so much more now. I'm getting tired again. Damn it sucks getting old. And working. I gotta go get some sleep. Bye for now. I'll try to log on again tomorrow for future things to try to continue this collab, but I can't guarantee it. Nity.. nite. .
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Peevette » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:44 am

You know, Zed, food for thought....

You could stick with the basic vocal melody line that stebs created and change the lyrics to fit better. There is no harm in doing an edit and re-edit if necessary. If you feel strongly about the lyrical content, that is.

However, IMHO, the vibe of what you've put together just doesn't seem to fit with the subject matter of the lyrics steb presented. Another option is, you could still work with the vocal melody that steb presented and create a new set of lyrics to match the vibe of your tune.

Nothing has been written in stone, right?
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:56 am

Right Peeve.
I've just listened to it 4 times in a row now and it's the best anybody has offered up .. (not that I'm waiting, or anything .. but Ok-- Steb, I like what we've done so far .. plz keep the reverb.. I like it .. and the mix.. Can you add anything to the ending? It's kinda barren..? Thanx for the vocal track! :thumb: I appreciate it!! :mrgreen:
zxyz

Postby steban » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 am

Well, here is a resing, z, which I have saved as a dry vocals only separate tracks also. I think the original has a rushed chorus, and I played catch up to squeeze it in, the first time especially. So I can't say it has all the emotion of the first, but it isn't bad, and we can put any effects we want on the vox.

It's funny, but the more I sing it, the more it settles into its real melody.

This has a little news clip in the end section of the CEO Don Blankenship for Massey Energy on his safety record. In my opinion it ties in nicely. The music in my opinion fits just fine, dude.

I am not liking all my harmonies, but if you like this better we can go from here I think I can sweeten them up.

This recording has some room effect on it.

montcoalcleanmix-03.mp3
(4.82 MiB) Downloaded 162 times

The totally dry is too dry for my tastes, but here it is.

montcoalcleanmix-02.mp3
(4.82 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
steban

Postby Krispy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:02 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby steban » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm

steban

Postby Krispy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:17 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby steban » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 pm

steban

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Sounds good Stebs. I like the spokesperson narrative at the end.

_Oops- I edited what I thought was too much tripe about 30 seconds before you posted below.. ahh well..
Last edited by zxyz on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
zxyz

Postby steban » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 am

No problem, z. I'll just post the solo tracks here so you can mix at your leisure. This weekend was way too short!

Here's the main vox-

montcoalmainvox-01.mp3
(8.04 MiB) Downloaded 191 times

Here's the main harmony-

montcoalharmvox-01.mp3
(8.04 MiB) Downloaded 163 times

Here's the narrative part. It's short, and I'll let you line it up at the end as you like.

blankenship.mp3
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
Attachments
montcoal_voxharm2.mp3
(5.73 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
steban

Postby zxyz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 am

Thanks Man!
zxyz

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab