[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Tune in my head..

Tune in my head..

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: Tune in my head..

Postby steban » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 am

That last attachment montcoal_voxharm2 is an accent harmony I used in a few places.

When I mixed the harmony I panned a bit R32 I believe. However, I will leave all that to you, my friend. Some of my mixes I punched your mix a bit to get more presence, but not what you might do on your side. Just for the immediate need to hear. Am curious to hear what you get! Good luck!

I did drown out the press conference interview, but it sort of works. He should be arrested for manslaughter, or at least let the world be reminded of his greed and its human cost.
steban

Postby zxyz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:14 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:27 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 am

steban

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:44 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:46 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:56 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Attachments
Coalmine.mp3
(8.05 MiB) Downloaded 184 times
Last edited by zxyz on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby zxyz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:57 am

..bump..
zxyz

Postby steban » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Sounds pretty good to me z, although since I'm more up front I hear a few sung notes flatter than before to my ears.

Am working, will get back later.
steban

Postby zxyz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 pm

zxyz

Postby steban » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:50 am

You're on the right track, z. The stereo vocal effect is pretty cool, I was playing with layering it over a mild reverb track and digging the result, and I miss the harmony. The news clip sounds so much clearer now, too, by the way. Yes, when the vocals are hot they are more intelligible, but I think the words will still shine through with the music pumped up a bit more, and the effect might sound even better then.
steban

Postby zxyz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:12 am

zxyz

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 am

don't use ANY verb. compress the bejesus out of his vocals and bring 'em down 6 or more DB's. use pitch correction judiciously and put some lows into your mix prior to vocals. yank a bunch of DB's out of his vocal tracks at 400-600K (as chris K and jaymz would advise) and add some air way up high by raising his eq up top some.

fix everything else you can to adhere to his sometimes quirky vocal line.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:13 am

Well, I mixed this before I got your advise, cj, but we're working on it.. it's a work in progress.. here's the latest. I had to reduce the stereo sep in the vox stebs just because, but the effect is still there (you said that you liked it) and the reverb is intact. (and no pitch correction). I lowered (hopefully not too much ) your vox level and some other modifications.. jeez .. I wish I had more time .. anywayz.. here 'tiz:
Attachments
Coalmine rev3.mp3
(8.05 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
zxyz

PreviousNext

Return to iCollab