[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Tune in my head..

Tune in my head..

Post your ideas for collaboration here.

Re: Tune in my head..

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 am

dammitt jim I'm a musician, not a recording engineer.. i'm working on it.. and about to give up on it.. i forgot what a headache this is, although a labour of what i love to do, it's still brain-draining..
ok- final mix (yes stebs, i put your 2 harmonies back in.. and, no i didnt do any harmonies of my own.)
( warning- turn down your bass.)
(it was a fun project tho..)
PS- Stebs, my wife said that you sound like David Bowie.. :]

Down in the Coalmine .mp3
(8.01 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby pharquartt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:13 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby steban » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:44 am

I really like this version, zxyz! The vocal effect is subtle and softens the imperfections and cuts delicately through the big rock guitar sound, even though I think you've dropped the level a bit. The harmonies are spicing it up quite nicely, too.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a wrap. Now all we have to do is decide on the title. Down in the Coalmine is already a folk song, so I'm thinking maybe we do keep it as Montcoal. That way the title offers a connection to the interview, and we also immortalize the disaster by name. Truly, there are many disasters, but sadly people tend to forget the specifics.

Now we need to do the Youtube video! Hey Randy, what do you think?

Realistically, the chances are it won't be heard by as many people as I'd wish it could be, but you never know. I keep hoping the public outrage over the greed of the companies that places profits over safety and is the sole root of these atrocities will outweigh the bought and paid for politicians and judges, and things might improve.

Sure, it's a sad love song of sorts, but maybe, just maybe, that will be enough to broaden the audience. I really do think too many people of all age groups are not in tune with the true villains, they are bombarded constantly with propaganda, lies repeated over and over by so many 'respectable' figures, that they decide it is all BS, and they mistrust the system and don't react to the truth when it slams them in the face, truth that should cross all party lines.
steban

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:46 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby icararse » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm

This is really good!!!

I like the lead vox and the harmonies but I think the vox should be more upfront!

Maybe even more edgy.eq I mean.

Sicckyfant.
Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:57 am

Well, cj, I hate to admit it, (not really) but I have you to thank (partially .. in addition to all of these fine folks here) about "playing the bass with the drums" in order to form a solid rhythm section, as well as the other various comments about how to achieve a good production sound vs. an average one. Good advice. Thanks.
zxyz

Postby zxyz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 am

zxyz

Previous

Return to iCollab