[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Facebook via Soundcloud AP.org promos

Facebook via Soundcloud AP.org promos

Plugged or Unplugged, its still a plug.

Re: Facebook via Soundcloud AP.org promos

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:17 pm

But are we talking about Faecebook or OMDs? FB's not really where you go for music, it's for statii, announcements, pictures, politics, amusing dogs and Youtoob.
Never in my wildest dreams would I expect anyone to buy my music, I have enough of a problem getting people who I actually know to show an interest. I thought we all kissed goodbye to the 'I'm special' misconception back in the mid noughties.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby PopTodd » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:03 pm

PopTodd

Postby ingolee » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:46 pm

ingolee

Postby Krispy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Krispy

Postby steban » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Music is quintessential in video. I mean in shows, movies, commercials, not music videos. I include all the talent shows. But that music might be from the 60s as much as from now. And even though almost everyone has favorite artists old and new, there's only so many times you can play that Dead song. It is a lot of times, though.

So I think there is still a lot of radio or music channel listeners out there, people with nothing better to do than watch TV all day, soap operas for some, music for others, and that propels some of the musicians in rotation to stardom and certain songs to hits. And those people aren't necessarily getting the WOTE or other Youtube viral video exposure at all, they are just not dialed into it. They get Taylor Swift or Bruno Mars or Arcade Fire on Youtube as well as it gives them more of the same as their most common searches.

To monetize the net, it is going the way of ads. At some point, some iTunes DLs might transpire, but that is hardcore.

I also think some genres have a strong enough following that new members of the club might get a free pass or an expedited listen. I think this now happens within pretty narrow sub genres. Rock is too big. Metal, closer. Punk is a good size, except the entire sub genre is not en vogue. Rap, I'm no expert but I think it has sub genres, too. Possibly fitting well within a popular sub genre and providing the music and video for a hungry market to consume is what it takes.

So what do we do? We have a freedom to create and experiment, our success or failure based on our talent and our popular sub genre fit. It is probable that most good music will not find a market hungry for it. It is possible we already have collected enough songs here in the same sub genres that might as a cluster up the ante, I mean by that could be some good fast food for a hungry market that might gobble up the package and deduce there's more to come.

So even though we all are often guilty of exploring a variety of styles, we might benefit from better grouping. For instance, I think Mark, Todd, Steve Ison, and some others have a soft alt pop rock side that goes well together. Perhaps we can work on sorting our music beyond charts to present to specific hungry markets.
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:11 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:23 am

Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:41 am

Sort of related, but not, but sorta...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... ertainment
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Previous

Return to Livin' in the Limelight