[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - VFW Rock and Country Jamboree!!!

VFW Rock and Country Jamboree!!!

Plugged or Unplugged, its still a plug.

VFW Rock and Country Jamboree!!!

Postby Peevette » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:49 pm

So, there was a local singing competition held at the VFW. A small part of a large fund raising event that they have planned. I decided to compete because the prize is a paying gig opening for one of the bands performing at the jamboree in June.

I won!!!

I will be opening for The Royal Guardsmen.
Its a 40 minute paying gig!!!

After the competition and photos, I approached the organizer of the event and asked him about logistics. He tells me that if I want to do karaoke for my performance, I need to let him know in advance and have everything organized. I told him that I did not intend on doing karaoke, and asked him if I could put a band together for the performance. He asked me with a tone of surprise, "You can sing with a band?" :tard:

Hoss has volunteered to be my bass player and his friend Steve is all up into playing lead guitar! All I need is a drummer!!!

NOW, what songs should I perform, opening for this old 60's rock band.......???
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Re: VFW Rock and Country Jamboree!!!

Postby meatcigars » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm

meatcigars

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:54 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 am

Peevette

Postby charvie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 pm

That's awesome Peeve, the first tune that came to mind was Bobby McGhee lol. I think you could pull off a Doors tune as well and even maybe something from Procol Harum like Whiter shade of pale, just get a keys player.. I know it's a ways away, but I can't wait to see and hear some video!!
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby Peevette » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:44 am

Check out the 'Contest Winners' page!!

Should I tell them they misspelled 'cello'??
Peevette

Postby charvie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 pm

That's awesome Peeve!
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby Peevette » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 am

I now have a complete band to back me up......Hoss on bass, Stevie van Veisteine on guitar and Pat Bragdon on drums!!

Songs we are considering for my little half hour of time...

White Rabbit
Oh Darlin
Venus
Somebody to Love
Move Over
White Bird (?) (thinking of flute where there is violin solos)
These Boots

What do y'all think?
Peevette

Postby HUD » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Congrats, Peeve! Some good song choices for you.

I've got a lot of Royal Guardsmen singles (Laurie records), even ones that hardly cracked the top 100:
Snoopy vs the Red Baron
Snoopy's Return
Snoopy's Christmas
Snoopy for President
The Airplane Song
Baby, Let's Wait

Wish I could be there.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Peevette » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am

Peevette

Postby Peevette » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:57 am

Whoot der it iz!!

Peevette

Postby Krispy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Gotcher name in lights! Cool beans!
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Ugotchasonglistyet?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 am

Peevette

Next

Return to Livin' in the Limelight