[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

Plugged or Unplugged, its still a plug.

United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

Postby Peevette » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 am

Good morning, folks.

Pharq got the excited phone call on Friday. He instructed me to post my announcement on the AR forum......so.....

The local United Way has been having a yearly singing contest to raise money. They used to call it "Aroostook Idol". :roll: They decided to open the competition to the border lining Canadian residents as well. Thus changing the title of this event to "Northern Star". The age range that can apply is 12 year and older. There are three events; with each event there are three people chosen to go on to the final show where the "Northern Star" will be born! First show was in Houlton, Maine, second show is here in Presque Isle, Maine, and the third show will be in Ft. Kent, Maine. The final is scheduled for Feb 28, in Caribou, Maine. (The funds from ticket sales go to the United Way)

I sent in an application to compete. A friend who has participated in this event a couple times talked me into it. He said it's good fun! His words, "Do it for the fun of it! You know damned well we'll never beat the cute 12 year old kid!". Isn't that the truth!

I received a notice for the auditions. The day after auditions I received a phone call saying that I have been chosen to be one of the 15 to compete for our area!

I will be participating in the Presque Isle show on Friday!

I'll let you kids know how I make out! All the excitement from my friends is already making this event fun!!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Re: United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

Postby Krispy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Congrats Peeve. Knock 'em dead.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Cool!

Knock 'em dead!
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

good on ya girl - knock 'em dead.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Stevo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Cool Peeve - good luck and have fun!

And don't forget to bring a baseball bat.

(to knock 'em dead)

:thumb:
Stevo

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Do your thing, Peev! You might not beat the cute 12-year-old, but you could beat the cute 42-year-old.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby Peevette » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 pm

There was a girl at the auditions from Canada who blew me away with her singing! Freaking skinny as a stick; if you looked at her cross-eyed she'd break in half. I'm listening to her and thinking "Where the FU*# is that voice coming from?" What little meat she has on her must be all diaphragm. And a sweet sound that sent chills down my spine! BITCH!

If I were to lay down money on this, I'd bet that girl will win this thing. As a matter of fact, if she doesn't become the "Northern Star", there is something wrong with the folks who are judging this thing. I'd be really disappointed with these folks, no doubt.

My main goal is to just entertain the people who paid tickets to hear the competition, have some fun, and maybe get a little exposure. Who knows, there might be a band out there looking for my style of female vocals. :bs:

Its going to be fun.

don't cringe......

I will be singing, The Carpenters "Superstar".
Peevette

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby Krispy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:41 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby shankarji » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Just make sure you give Cowell...or his equivalent...hell!

Win or lose, darling...those folks have got a treat in store listening to you! :love:
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby steban » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

It's a pretty song you have chosen, peev, and I am sure you sing it beautifully. You may not win, but we'll love you anyway.

Break a leg!
steban

Postby Peevette » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Tonight's the night........

I'll let you know how it goes when I get home from the event!!

Pharq, do you think you're going to make it up for this? I've got an extra bed if you wanna crash here.........

The show is at 7.....call me if you want more details.
Peevette

Postby Peevette » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 am

I didn't win..........

No worries, I wasn't expecting to!

Had a wicked good time socializing with the other contestants. I am amazed at the talent there is in this little rural area. I had fun.

They had me lined up as the first contestant. At first I was bummed, then though, 'Who gives a shit...."
This young lady that was performing as well says to me after I left the stage, "I have to go on after that?? Wow you just set the bar high!" That right there was better than winning the contest, eh??!

I'm only pissed off about one thing! That little skinny Canadian chick DID NOT MAKE IT to the finals! That little bitch sang her ass off, and had the freaking audience up on their feet, and she didn't get into the finals??!! That shit pisses me off! But, alas, its a small rural town, I should have expected it.
Peevette

Postby shankarji » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 pm

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Next

Return to Livin' in the Limelight