this is for jaymz (and anyone else interested)

Got Questions? Get Answers.

Re: this is for jaymz (and anyone else interested)

Postby Stevo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi Charvie. Not to be dismissive of your tech/mixing questions, but there is oodles of info already out there on the web. All you need is Google. Just search on "what is audio compression" or whatever, and you'll get tons of hits. Some will be targeted towards people with little knowlege of the subject, some will be targeted towards advanced techies - and everything in between.

I always cringe when I see people on BBSs asking and trying to answer this kind of stuff, because often the answers don't really answer what the questioner is asking about, or don't take into account the questioner's current level of knowledge, or are misleading, opinionated, and sometimes just flat out wrong. (Anyone remember MechanicalUse or MidiMagic?)

Not saying that everything you will find in Google searches is accurate, but it's pretty easy to distinguish between well-written articles and lame ones.

99% of this kind of info does not change over time, so there is no point in people re-writing it over and over.

IMESHO of course...

:)
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
Stevo

Postby jaymz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm really not sure what compression does.

Other than makes diamonds.

DIAMONDS I TELL YOU!
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby shankarji » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Stevo wrote:(Anyone remember MechanicalUse or MidiMagic?)

oh c'mon steve, where's yer compassion? Granted, that MidiMagic guy was as mad as a box of frogs...but poor ol' mech was just misguided.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby jaymz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:47 pm

damnit wrong draft. ignopre this post.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Previous

Return to Recording