EZ Drummer

Got Questions? Get Answers.

EZ Drummer

Postby charvie » Mon May 06, 2013 10:02 am

For the month of May Toonrack is giving away some pretty good stuff, here's a free download of EZDrummer lite. It's a little stripped down but still really useful and effective. Well worth the time and effort plus the price is fantastic.

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=24
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Re: EZ Drummer

Postby cjdenecia » Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 pm

charvie wrote:For the month of May Toonrack is giving away some pretty good stuff, here's a free download of EZDrummer lite. It's a little stripped down but still really useful and effective. Well worth the time and effort plus the price is fantastic.

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=24

cool ... I think I'll look at it - never tried any of these, free is the way to try.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby jaymz » Thu May 09, 2013 2:49 am

Superior Drummer is by far and away the best Drum Rompler out there...

here's an unmastered/unmixed song, straight from the DAW and it still sounds good...

https://soundcloud.com/satellite-down/w ... unmastered
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby charvie » Thu May 09, 2013 9:15 am

That does sound pretty good, is it easy to use? I'm trying to learn digidesign strike and it's pretty complicated. I'm going to ask a stupid question, how do you record individual drum tracks? do you just open it up in 8 tracks and solo a different drum in each track?
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby jaymz » Thu May 09, 2013 1:56 pm

That's what I like about it, it's easy to use.. most everything I do is because I downloaded a preset from some engineer I like for 10 bucks. I do very little tweaking to the default mix.

I also use Addictive Drums and while it sounds very real and the samples are great, i have to really work with it to get it to sit in the mix.. and the snare selections suck. Superior has great snares.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby charvie » Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 pm

I love the sound of the snare in your tune, nice and tight.

What are you using for your guitar sound? Line 6? Eleven?
charvie

Postby jaymz » Thu May 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Roland VGA-7
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby charvie » Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that you use that amp and get the amazing tone and quality you get. You should write a how to thread for recording quiet guitars in the recording section dude, your finished product sounds awesome.
charvie

Return to Recording